Should I use out of date kit extract

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a wee update on this out of date kit. I put it in a pressure barrel some weeks ago, took a fair while to clear but came out perfectly and tasted fine. As everyone correctly stated, BBE dates on cans seem to be a nonsense. I have now started a Coopers English Bitter that is 18 mths out of date. It's bubbling away merrily in the fermentation bucket. I'll keep you informed!

Just a wee update on this out of date kit. I put it in a pressure barrel some weeks ago, took a fair while to clear but came out perfectly and tasted fine. As everyone correctly stated, BBE dates on cans seem to be a nonsense. I have now started a Coopers English Bitter that is 18 mths out of date. It's bubbling away merrily in the fermentation bucket. I'll keep you informed!
yup you could have an in date can stored at high temps or an out of date can at low temps. which would be worse. The bbe is supposed to relate to it being stored at recommended temps. like chocolate can bloom terribly and go white and look unappetizing even thoughts its within its bbe date.

Latest posts

Back