Anyone waiting for Hopcat?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coomzy

Reaction score
Ordered a Hopcat 45l well over a month ago and it was supposed to be a May delivery. Got in touch with support and they keep saying they are manufactured but they can't get the shipping details. Seems bizarre to me and I'm desperate for the kettle! No communication from the company which is poor. Anyone else dealt with them and know what to expect? Thanks

Ordered a Hopcat 45l well over a month ago and it was supposed to be a May delivery. Got in touch with support and they keep saying they are manufactured but they can't get the shipping details. Seems bizarre to me and I'm desperate for the kettle! No communication from the company which is poor. Anyone else dealt with them and know what to expect? Thanks
I doubt it's a fault of the home supplier, it's difficult getting things out of China at the moment due to some nasty bug going around or something

Haha this is true but it was also the case when I ordered therefore they should have factored it in (as April deliveries were delayed). To be honest I thought they were manufactured in the EU.

Difficult to pinpoint when importing, especially in the current climate. No point giving false hope until the goods are aboard the ship and on their way.

Ordered direct. Just being impatient really, had a few scoops last night 🤣

Already ordered the grain in anticipation and it's calling out to me to brew

I ordered a Hopcat in June last year for September pre-order and it arrived mid November. I remember at the time looking into other people’s experiences and the vast majority of their orders were late too.

Don’t sweat it is my advice. You gotta be very zen about it all. It’ll show up eventually. At least they emailed you back. I never got a response.

It’s a tidy piece of hardware though. I’ve done over 20 brews on it and it’s served me well.

Haha I know you're right. Just frustrating. May as well just buy another couple of kits and put it to the back of my mind

It’s weird. All the anger and frustration I felt due to its late arrival melted away when it eventually showed up. I’d buy another one off them if this one broke down but I’d factor in a good four months between order and delivery.

Soul destroying! 30kg of malt here at the ready (reckon I could do a 2kg batch in my saucepan) Gone for the conical fermenter too which I hope is worth the extra.

Do it, man. And harvest the yeast from it for when your Hopcat arrives.

Yeah I've been doing that of late. Only bad thing is I also have 2 liquid yeasts I bout ready for this at £8 a pop. They are in the fridge but may not be any good in 4 months!

Those yeasts will be fine. Even out of date they’ll do their job. Especially if you make a starter with them. Keep the faith.

I may be wrong but all shipping from China has stopped at least a month ago or more

Looks like it's coming the end of the month. Not great but could be worse

To add to that, to compensate for it being so late they are kindly including an upgraded chiller and insulation jacket for free. Sounds great but that was included already, must think their customers are daft!

Back