Arcs brew day errr

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arcs

Landlord.
Reaction score
Man overboard. Man the starboard wing! oh Oh Oh. Take cover from the Seas! Er hmm, missing equipment. Sparge sieve for a start. Sparging 4k of grain @ water to gain 27 litres. Erm not easy. Then new boiler decides it only wants to heat and not increase boil temp. So back to the pan gallon at a time >< Erm - think I f'd up - rotten. Or this was too much for me at the start. But then bottling session, straining session going on at same time. Should have been easy riiight?? lol no :C I need that sieve period! Prolly a pan too as Ank said it's quicker, mine has auto cut out after boil. To restart, empty all of it out and restart qeeerchinng!!!! I'll persevere with it but I reckon I still need a decent sieve and new pan. This recipe was hard. 3.k-4kg grain then sparge out of that 27 litres of wort. Had I realised that was even going to be the slightest b it difficult. So, yank up teh dwarf hands hold for a while, whilst the hot water tap (i totally trust my water and it's ph) squeeze out what I can, top up wort rinse and repeat. This was very hard for me, especially as I have pn. Err yep I f'd up. :C Perhaps, I did. From the purists way of doing it I ****** up. From someone who knows extract beer brewing. I think i will end up with a half decent beer. But lessons were learned today =)

The last bit of the hops can go in the fermenter on day 4. And I did discoverr something during this journey. I don't like hops too much >< Recently bought a St Peter's Cream Ale, it's not bad without the hops. Awful with!!!! I know it's teh in thing to like hops and eff around with em. But some beers should not be tampered with by such things, it's totally jenk.

Last edited:
Back