As the world gone mad

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/fa...1&cvid=cfbb2eaa0bde4d1e992dadb3ee686b6d&ei=13

Woke madness as GP surgery asks parents if their baby is trans or non-binary​

Story by Georgina Cutler • 2h ago

A GP surgery has been criticised for asking parents to state if their baby is trans or non-binary.

Woodgate Valley Health Centre in Birmingham claims the options are part of its form for new joiners to the surgery.

Parents are also given the choice of registering their newborn’s gender as “other” or “not stated”.

NHS England have said that the options are not part of a nationwide policy.

One patient shared a picture of the form online where its options included “male (including trans man)”, “female (including trans woman)”, “non-binary”, “other (not listed)” or “not stated”.

The decision has enraged Britons.

Speaking to GB News, one person said: "It's ridiculous. You should just have your baby and bring the baby up the sex it was.

"And if they want to change that sex whenever, at an older age, let them do it. But not to decide for them at five or six or two or three. 'Oh, I want my child to be a daughter, I want to be a son', that's just wrong."

Another added: "It's the parent's decision because the child cannot make that choice. So I think once the child is able to make the choice for themselves, then it is the child's choice. But until that point, it's the parents."

Free Speech Union director Toby Young said the form is “an invitation to woke parents to impose their crazy ideas about sex and gender on their newborns”.

“Wouldn’t it be more responsible of this GP practice to refer parents who cannot tell the sex of their babies by looking at their genitals to a psychiatrist?" he told The Sun.

A spokesperson for the surgery said: “The form is our standard new patient registration form for any new patient . . . which includes, but is not limited to, parents registering a newborn baby.”

It comes after a woman in her 70s found 18 gender options on a patient form, which included “two-spirit” used by indigenous communities.

The form featured the traditional male and female choices, but also offers a huge range of other options.

These include passing, two-spirit, third gender, transgender, agender, bigender, cisgender, gender expression, gender fluid, gender queer and gender variant.

The outpatient survey was given to a woman in her 70s at Darlington Memorial Hospital in County Durham.

The NHS has also suffered backlash for removing the word "woman" from cancer and pregnancy web pages.

A total of 1,200 NHS doctors, nurses and health practitioners have shared their concerns with bosses in a letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote: One patient shared a picture of the form online where its options included “male (including trans man)”, “female (including trans woman)”, “non-binary”, “other (not listed)” or “not stated”.

If anyone gets upset by this they need to give their head a wobble.

It looks like GB News Channel wanted a big headline grabbing story but when you read it it falls apart here as they were not asked if it was trans or non-binary it was just an option on the form.

A spokesperson for the surgery said: “The form is our standard new patient registration form for any new patient . . . which includes, but is not limited to, parents registering a newborn baby.”

Standard blanket online joining form for new patients triggers GB news readers.

I would imagine the benefit/cost ratio of having multiple new patient forms for multiple scenarios would be pretty low.

As soon as you see 'woke', stop reading.
100% agree in terms of content. Though 'woke' is a fascinating word and it's really interesting to see how it's used.

It's the only adjective in the English language to apply to the subject rather than the object: it tells you absolutely nothing about whatever is being described and absolutely everything about the person doing the describing.

I would like to see Susie Dent do a 'woke' deep dive to discover how and when this interesting use case evolved.

If you want madness...
There is all manner of madness in this one..

Attachments

• 20230601_085839.jpg
    20230601_085839.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 0
It's the only adjective in the English language to apply to the subject rather than the object: it tells you absolutely nothing about whatever is being described and absolutely everything about the person doing the describing.
Snowflake and gammon do the same as well

I was reading earlier how they are going to disrupt the epsom derby, Reason we don't have enough diverse wildlife on our little island and they want to ban the keeping of pet dogs and cats they want them set free to roam freely for everyone to enjoy, you could not make this up i think it is time to take a serious look at our education system and the people who are running it, seems we have a whole generation of misguided people, i will now put on my tin gammon hat and wait for a left wing barrage of abuse :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8: clapa

I was reading earlier how they are going to disrupt the epsom derby, Reason we don't have enough diverse wildlife on our little island and they want to ban the keeping of pet dogs and cats they want them set free to roam freely for everyone to enjoy, you could not make this up i think it is time to take a serious look at our education system and the people who are running it, seems we have a whole generation of misguided people, i will now put on my tin gammon hat and wait for a left wing barrage of abuse :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8: clapa
You do us a disservice! Personally I'm extremely left wing and I'm not remotely interested in abusing you :D

On one fundamental level I really don't care about the environment, despite being very sad about what we have done and are continuing to do. Why?

Well, because I don't have kids and one day, when we have made ourselves completely or functionally extinct, nature will eventually recover. It's only us as a species who will really suffer. I won't be here when that happens and I won't have any descendants to worry about either. I can only assume that you're of the same mindset: so if you don't care either please, have it it. Fill your boots! x

You do us a disservice! Personally I'm extremely left wing and I'm not remotely interested in abusing you :D

On one fundamental level I really don't care about the environment, despite being very sad about what we have done and are continuing to do. Why?

Well, because I don't have kids and one day, when we have made ourselves completely or functionally extinct, nature will eventually recover. It's only us as a species who will really suffer. I won't be here when that happens and I won't have any descendants to worry about either. I can only assume that you're of the same mindset: so if you don't care either please, have it it. Fill your boots! x
What i wrote is very tongue in cheek, i do care as i have kids and a grand child whom i adore, on a personel level i fear the planet is doomed it cannot keep absorbing the abuse we throw at it

What i wrote is very tongue in cheek, i do care as i have kids and a grand child whom i adore, on a personel level i fear the planet is doomed it cannot keep absorbing the abuse we throw at it
Ah I'm glad we're on the same page :) honestly I wouldn't have been surprised if you had been entirely in earnest (not a reflection on you, just some of the general messages by the community I have seen round these 'ere parts!)

As Sir Norman of Nowhere recently posted on twitter - "if in the present circumstances you think Just Stop Oil are the enemy, you're a propagandised idiot"

Latest posts

Back