Back to Basics Challenge!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well opened the Real Caveman brew tonight :thumb:
It's dark it's hiding it's Abv well :D very toffee nose :D Not as much Carbonation as I wanted. I think it's gone past a mild into the porter / sweet stouts. But It's a lovely drop could I scale up to 25ltr and still guess the weights :hmm:
Lets see what Tubby makes of it.......

just tasted a bit of my pale before bottling this weekend. I like it :thumb: looking back over the posts I see most have gone for the darker ales. Lets see how mine holds up eh?

Beer.jpg

Opened one of the 250ml bottles to check on carbonation . . . and for QC purposes.

Carbonation is good :party: Head retention isn't :( Aroma is complex . . . I got Chocolate, liquorice, raisins, leather, caramel, coffee . . . I'm sure there is something else but can't put my finger on it :hmm:

Quite sweet . . . and rather smooth . . . . a delicate nut like flavour . . . not as bitter as I expected, and a pink grapefruit after taste on the roof of the mouth . . . Astringent . . . good body malty without being chewy . . . Hops are very subdued

Dangerously quaffable for what according to the recipe is a 1.058 stout . . . Durden park 1885 Ushers Stout Recipe 93 in the Third edition . . . My first Durden Park . . . . of what is going to be many I feel

Probably when everyone gets the beer to Shaw sama . . . . :oops: . . . I'll get mine posted tomorrow

I have in my possession the grand total of 1 beer :grin:

As soon as I have 3 or more I'll do the tasting :thumb:

this was the second ever brew i did....... and I ended up drinking it :oops: I enjoyed it at the time tho :grin:

Are there any more of these to come or shall I review the ones that I have?

tubby_shaw said:
Are there any more of these to come or shall I review the ones that I have?
Review . . . Review . . . Review :twisted:

Oops :oops: sorry Aleman, I'll drink mine tomorrow, I still need to post you a review of the imperial stout, it tasted fantastic.....
I didn't knock it back :shock: I sipped it to make the experience last longer! :clap:
BB

Ah, this thread is inspirational! I don't know if I've already mentioned that I'm making a bar in my garage, primarily using junk that's in my garage and things I find at the swap meet and rummage sales. This is definitely in the same vein. I'm going to try this and maybe put some pics up on my blog (I will, of course, cite this fine forum as the inspiration!).

monk said:
Ah, this thread is inspirational! I don't know if I've already mentioned that I'm making a bar in my garage, primarily using junk that's in my garage and things I find at the swap meet and rummage sales. This is definitely in the same vein. I'm going to try this and maybe put some pics up on my blog (I will, of course, cite this fine forum as the inspiration!).

Barage (bar in the garage) groups are popular in some parts. Lots of blokes have a bar in their garage or brew there, these places full of blokiness make for an excellent place to hold regular get togethers and share new discoveries in the way of commercial brews and our own creations.

Screwy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back