Barrel 1st ever brew and starting the 2nd

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrangeBrew

Reaction score
Just about to barrel my first ever brew :-)

Barrels sitting with sanitiser in as type, beers looking good, no more bubbles and 1.006 2 days in a row.

Bought a Woodfords Microbrewery Starter Set that came with a Wherry kit but decided to run a cheapy Young's Harvest beer kit through it first for practice and familiarisation with the equipment. It's the Young's that's being barrelled today, made the kit absolutely standard with a kilo of brewing sugar.

Had planned to do the Wherry next but decided on one more practice run and picked up an Edme Irish Stout kit during the week. Going to try my first variation from a standard kit with the Stout and brew it with 500 grams of dark brown sugar and 500 grams of brewing sugar... or at least that's the plan unless anyone shouts STOP ! and has a better idea...

So that's today's agenda, barrel the Young's and get the Edme Stout brewing :-)

The Wherry will be next .. I promise !

Cheers to all ...

Tony

artyb said:
brew it to 4 galls..and use a dark brown unrefined sugar, it comes out like a bought one..... :clap:

Thanks for that, it's the sugar I have although I was going 50/50 with brewing sugar to make up the Kilo. Would you use all unrefined brown sugar ? Think I only have 750 grams but could use that and top up to the kilo with brewing sugar.

Tony

Latest posts

Back