Basic white not clearing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HLA91

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I made up a basic white on the 15/07 and I am 95% certain I added pectolase at the beginning, anyway it has stopped bubbling but there are no signs of it clearing before racking and only a very thin sediment. I have added a double dose of pectolase to the dj and I have top and turned it 10+ times to mix it in but still no signs of clearing 5+ days ago. I have some bentonite, should I give it a go and see if that does the trick?

My WOW cleared pretty good naturally and I used bentonite and it cleared perfectly, but basic white doesnt seem to want to, and the only difference is the AJ, strange :hmm: .

Thanks

HLA91

My easy whites are sometimes reluctant to clear. I find that stopping it seems to kick-start the clearing process, and haven't had to use finings so far.

Seems like the Bentonite is worth trying, I hear that its good at clearing and im planning to use it on my WOW and Meads.

If you go ahead and use Bentonite give some feed back please as to how it does ?

Cheers

Marrsy

Ok well ill take a hydro then if it seems ok I'll stabilise it and leave it and hopefully it will clear. I won't rack it mainly because there is nothing to rack it off the sediment is bugger all right now. If that doesn't help I will use bentonite, strange why the AJ causes so much problem, when I did TC it was no problem what so ever crystal clear.

Latest posts

Back