Batch priming a porter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howyoubrewin

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi folks,I am planning to make a chocolate & vanilla porter this week from a recipe that i threw together and i am unsure on the level of carbonation expected from this type of beer as i haven't brewed one like it before. It will be a standard 23L batch,maybe reduced to 21L and I would ideally like to batch prime.
Can anyone give me an idea of how much priming sugar to use on this type of beer?
Cheers n beers! :cheers:

The choc and vanilla porter I've got carbing up at the minute is primed at 4g/l.

80-90 will be fine, middle of the road fizz. I use more as my other half likes fizzy beer, up to around 120 for 23l, but that's a lot, esp for a stout.
Once you have made this batch you can decide whether to do a little more or a little less next time. Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback and advice fellas, very much appreciated. Cheers to ya! :thumb:

In addition to my last query,i plan to add 1.5 oz vanilla extract at beginning of fermentation and another 1.5 oz before bottling. Does this sound about right for a subtle but noticeable vanilla flavour?
Cheers

Latest posts

Back