Batch water

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trickybrew

Reaction score
Hi just like to ask when batch spargin is there a rule saying what amount of sparge water for the 1st and 2nd running you can use, As im brewing 19 liters im boiling about 27 liters can I split the running 2 x 13.5 liters :hmm:
:mrgreen:

trickybrew said:
Hi just like to ask when batch spargin is there a rule saying what amount of sparge water for the 1st and 2nd running you can use, As im brewing 19 liters im boiling about 27 liters can I split the running 2 x 13.5 liters :hmm:
:mrgreen:

Doesn't really matter all that much.
If you've dialled your system in so you can actually get 2 lots of 13½ litres, that's great, and I'd go for it.

I can't get mine down that accurately, because different beers have different grains and quantities.
I add a mashout to my mashtun, stir, vorlauf, and run off till it's empty.
I measure what I've collected, calculate how far short I am of my target, and that gives me my sparge water quantity.
It's easier to do than to describe!

Hi Tricky
I let Beersmith do all the hard work for me, have you tried it? If not, you can download a trial version for a couple of weeks. It takes a little bit of working but its possible to get the fundamentals pretty quickly.

Type in all your wants/needs and it will calculate everything for you, you'll be able to try different things out in the software and see the anticipated results.

Most people I know who have downloaded it have gone on to buy the full version, which is about £15 I think.
http://www.beersmith.com/

:D
Oops
should have pointed that out first ... I'm not on commission, honest! :whistle:

Back