BBC Food & drink live show

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drunken Horse

Still a Newb
Reaction score
I went to the BBC good food & drink show this weekend. Had a good time.

Some thing worth mentioning, they had a stand doing those brew your beer in a bag. Have to say if the professionals cant make that stuff taste drinkable theres nothing down for anyone else. made me feek good about my brews.

I went to a beer tasting by Thwaites brewery with a talk about the head brewer and a talk about combining food with ale by the head chef from one of their hotel restaurants. Was pretty good.

Of all the ales I tasted at the show without doubt the best was Robinsons Old Tom, though there was a few valiant efforts

I would recommend going to anyone who has not been.

rpt said:
Did you taste the beer in a bag? And it was ****?

Yes, it was truely awful, the guy asked me what I thought, I just said "sorry" and walked away. it had zero hop flavour.

It tasted like slightly malty water, it was really flat.

If the guys demonstrating it cant make it taste good not sure anyone can without somehow modding it.

It was embarrassing, their stand was set up in the middle of some of the best breweries in Britain. and a few away from the CAMRA stand.

Went to the Thwaited Beer experience too on Sat at 1.30 I think. I really liked the Wainrwight and the Benny and Hop.

Had no intention of trying the moonshine as I'd already read somewhere it is pish. I did put in the suggestions feedback that homebrewing might be a good addition in future.

Yes the Benny was lovely with that piece of eccles cake and the cheese. (didnt think the eccles cake and cheese worked together though).

Back