• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Equipment Wanted Beer engine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Having moved from bottles to kegs, I'm now wanting to have a go at bag in a box hand pull serving. Would rather get a hand pull from one of you guys than an unknown ebayer or similar. Please let me know if you have an unwanted pump in decent condition.

I wouldn't worry too much about an eBay one to be fair, there isn't much to go wrong with them and they are pretty easy to service or repair. Usually it is just the rubber/silicone washers that go, or the tubing cracks - but good to replace the pipes that you can if they are older, anyway.

Not sure of the cost these days , but when I got mine about £50 to £70 delivered seemed fair.

To be honest, now I have corny kegs and gas, I rarely use mine, especially as you lose about a pint of beer in each session - but friends like it when they visit, so I keep it for those occasions.

I wouldn't worry too much about an eBay one to be fair, there isn't much to go wrong with them and they are pretty easy to service or repair. Usually it is just the rubber/silicone washers that go, or the tubing cracks - but good to replace the pipes that you can if they are older, anyway.

Not sure of the cost these days , but when I got mine about £50 to £70 delivered seemed fair.

To be honest, now I have corny kegs and gas, I rarely use mine, especially as you lose about a pint of beer in each session - but friends like it when they visit, so I keep it for those occasions.
No need for me to reply to OP as this sums up nicely 👌

And result! Found a local beer engine all ready to go! But having done a little more research, am I better going for a corny keg to the hand pull? And if so, any advice on how to achieve this. Sorry, probably off topic.

And result! Found a local beer engine all ready to go! But having done a little more research, am I better going for a corny keg to the hand pull? And if so, any advice on how to achieve this. Sorry, probably off topic.
I use a beer engine from one of my Corny Kegs. Just need to keep the carbonation low. I try to force carbonate around 2-3psi only.
It does work very well though.
I have mine set right next to my serving fridge, so only about 2 feet of pipe outside the fridge.

Latest posts

Back