beer kit enhancer and sugar

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burpee

Reaction score
I'm going to make a edme lager using 1kg beer kit enhancer. I want to make to full 40 pints, could i add sugar to up the abv a bit would like it between 5 and six abv but dont want to spoil the taste, anyone any idea how much extra sugar i could use to achieve this. thanks

Try it out. I would add sugar, as much as you want ! Sugar wont spoil the taste, it will just ferment out leaving CO2 and lovely alcohol. Make sure to leave the brew in the FV till its completely finished with all that extra sugar(2weeks) before you bottle or keg. You can also add malt, golden syrup, honey etc. They are all sugars and yeast loves them ! Best of luck with your Lager :cheers:

I personally wouldn't add a beer enhancer to a kit lager as the malt gives it a funny taste and of course you pay £5 odd for the privilege, adding more sugar would make more ABV but would make the brew taste thin, if you want to up the ABV without compromising the taste then make a shorter brew i.e. 20ltrs instead of 23ltrs or less if you want it stronger.

Latest posts

Back