Beer Kit - Geordie Lager

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emery1993

Reaction score
Hi guys, (Newbie Alert). So I've been brewing for about a year, and this will be the 3rd time I've brewed the Geordie kit . So the last time I brewed the Geordie I bottle conditioned it for 4 months and I was just about happy with the clarity of it, although there was a considerable amount of sediment. This time round I was think of racking it a couple more times will this affect me bottled carbing as there will be less yeast in suspension ?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or has been asked before.
Any help is much appreciated. :thumb:

Hi guys, (Newbie Alert). So I've been brewing for about a year, and this will be the 3rd time I've brewed the Geordie kit . So the last time I brewed the Geordie I bottle conditioned it for 4 months and I was just about happy with the clarity of it, although there was a considerable amount of sediment. This time round I was think of racking it a couple more times will this affect me bottled carbing as there will be less yeast in suspension ?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or has been asked before.
Any help is much appreciated. :thumb:

I leave beer 2 weeks in the FV, then rack once to a secondary FV for another week then bottle. Very few issues with either clarity or carbonation with this regime.

Other brewers do things differently and they they all swear by their own way of doing it.

Cheers for the replies guys, I racked it off into my pressure barrel today, after reading you're comments maybe I should have left it in the FV for a little longer. I'll leave in the barrel for a few weeks a see how it does lol.

I leave beer 2 weeks in the FV, then rack once to a secondary FV for another week then bottle. Very few issues with either clarity or carbonation with this regime.

Other brewers do things differently and they they all swear by their own way of doing it.
Same for me:thumb:

Back