Beer kit recommendation please ? Some thing new

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milesey

Reaction score
Just done a Young’s APA turned out very nice after some initial doubts

Got Young’s IPA in bottle now conditioning

what next , did a mangrove jacks grapefruit a while back but something went wrong I think with it and needed to be dumped

want something 5% min

thanks

Just done a Young’s APA turned out very nice after some initial doubts

Got Young’s IPA in bottle now conditioning

what next , did a mangrove jacks grapefruit a while back but something went wrong I think with it and needed to be dumped

want something 5% min

thanks

I'd recommend the MJ Raspberry Belinner Weisse or the MJ Juicy IPA kits. I'd happily do these again.

Oops missed the 5% bit.

I'd recommend the Festival Razorback IPA or try pimping the standard Bulldog IPA,
both very enjoyable.
Or the Young's Scottish Heavy for a less hoppy, more malty bitter.

I'd recommend the Bulldog Evil Dog Double IPA. A good strong ale with a punch! The kit states ABV 7.5%, but my first brew came out a little less at 6.56%. Still a nice pint though. I have a second batch in the FV at the moment, and this one should be closer to the claimed ABV as it has a higher OG 1066 as opposed to 1060 for the first.

I'd recommend the Bulldog Evil Dog Double IPA. A good strong ale with a punch! The kit states ABV 7.5%, but my first brew came out a little less at 6.56%. Still a nice pint though. I have a second batch in the FV at the moment, and this one should be closer to the claimed ABV as it has a higher OG 1066 as opposed to 1060 for the first.
i'll second this. great kit.

I can recommend the MJ Brut IPA kit @ 6% ABV. Mine turned out to be 8% first time around as I didn't read the instructions (only needs 600g of fermentable) and added 1kg, brewed it a few months back and got one on the go now.

Bulldog 4 Fingered Jack is a good hoppy ale like the 2 Youngs ones you've already made.

For something different, you could try the Youngs Red IPA or MJ American Hoppy Porter (If it's still available). You may have to increase the additional malt with the porter as I made it per the instructions and it ended up at 4.6%

Back