The Range MYO IPA kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, and merry christmas to you all.

I bought myself a MYO IPA kit from the Range a few weeks back, mainly just to try my new Fermzilla out and test it for leaks, which there aren’t any thankfully.

Anyway, i brewed the kit yesterday and added 1kg of Youngs DME instead of the recommended Dextrose, plus i added some Youngs Yeast enhancer and this morning it’s going like a train so I’m chuffed with that. I’ve got the temperature set at 21 degrees for the fermentation and although i don’t know the strain of yeast that came in the kit, it seems quite happy at that temperature.
I also plan to add an additional 75gms of Cascade as a dry hop as well as the supplied Centennial and Chinook.

As mentioned this was more or less a bit of an experiment to test the integrity of the Fermzilla and also for myself to familiarise myself with the equipment, so i’m not too concerned about the end results. It’s a pimped up IPA kit with extra hops so should suit my pallet, but i will post an update once it’s finished fermenting and been kegged-conditioned.

Hi all, and merry christmas to you all.

I bought myself a MYO IPA kit from the Range a few weeks back, mainly just to try my new Fermzilla out and test it for leaks, which there aren’t any thankfully.

Anyway, i brewed the kit yesterday and added 1kg of Youngs DME instead of the recommended Dextrose, plus i added some Youngs Yeast enhancer and this morning it’s going like a train so I’m chuffed with that. I’ve got the temperature set at 21 degrees for the fermentation and although i don’t know the strain of yeast that came in the kit, it seems quite happy at that temperature.
I also plan to add an additional 75gms of Cascade as a dry hop as well as the supplied Centennial and Chinook.

As mentioned this was more or less a bit of an experiment to test the integrity of the Fermzilla and also for myself to familiarise myself with the equipment, so i’m not too concerned about the end results. It’s a pimped up IPA kit with extra hops so should suit my pallet, but i will post an update once it’s finished fermenting and been kegged-conditioned.
Quick update and not sure if it’s down to the Fermzilla, or the yeast nutrient, the addition of the DME, or what, but this morning it’s still fermenting like a good’n, more so than any other beer kit I’ve brewed.

Temperature is set at 21 degrees via a heating pad which wraps half way round the FZ and is then wrapped in insulation material to keep it all snug. The heat is controlled via an Inkbird.
Internal pressure is set at 2psi which then vents through the spunding valve and into a bottle filled with starsan. Originally i had it feeding directly into the yeast collection jar, but due to the Krausen activity being so high i was concerned it might leak out through the valve and get into the collection jar which is where i have the dry hops sitting and ready to go.

Bit of a lively one this one but so far so good.

Santa left one of these for me, so might stick it on this week too. Planning to use 1kg of bke which should do the job. It would be good to hear how yours goes.

Last edited:
Santa left one of these for me, so might stick it on this week too. Planning to use 1kg of his which should do the job. It would be good to hear how you're goes.
No worries mate, will post updates as and when they happen.

I dropped a clanger when i started the brew cos in my excitement to get to grips with my new Fermzilla and started the brew, pitched the yeast, set temperature controller, etc, etc, then realised the next morning that I’d forgotten to take an OG reading. Plonker or what!!!

Anyway, it fermented like a train and today is day 4 and it looks like fermentation is coming to an end as i have a gravity of 1.012 this morning. Haven’t a clue what yeast they supplied but it was certainly hungry. I’ll check again later on today and if the gravity is the same then i plan to dry hop, sounds like a bit of a rush i know but i need the Fermzilla for an all grain kit i plan to start this weekend.

But so far so good.

Right, quick update. I need the Fermzilla so the IPA is getting kegged today, very quick i know but as mentioned i need the fermentor and this was only really an experiment to get to grips with the Fermzilla. Although that said, and yes i did pimp it slightly with the addition of DME instead of the dextrose, plus and additional 75 (ish) grams of hops and it’s tasting surprisingly good even though it’s very young and needs to condition and carbonate for a while.

Latest posts

Back