Beer smith app

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivvo

Regular.
Reaction score
I got the above yesterday to assist with a venture into extract brewing, am I missing something as a lot of the recipes don't have volumes of water for boiling or topping up included?

Is that from the app because mine doesn't have all that info on it like the yeast starter, mash etc?

I have the BS2 Android app (the full version).

The easiest way to just view the volumes and temperatures of a recipe is to go to the timer.

These are varied under Equipment Profiles and (for AG) Mash Profile. Best to create your own profiles based on the kit you have.

Not all the recipes have the timer tab, do they all have it on your versions?

Rivvo said:
Not all the recipes have the timer tab, do they all have it on your versions?

Yes. I can't think why some would have and others wouldn't. Mine are all AG, but if it's boiled with hops, it needs timing.

On a recipe that doesn't have a timer, check if it has an equipment profile set, with a "boil time".

Hey Rivvo,
I use the app on my android tablet and phone and I can see these details fine.

Like knthrak says, the timer section is good for seeing this.

Could it be that you haven't set up your equipment and mash profiles?

Thanks for the replies, I have beer smith 'lite' is that something to do with it do you think, I don't have an option to put any equipment details in there either?

Lite version is companion to full one. Stripped down, hardly usable alone.

Yeah, if you want a good free app, BrewR is better and simple to use. To get into more technical settings etc, I think Beersmith is worth the money.

Thanks for the help everybody.
I can't find brewr on the App Store though?

There's lots of brewing apps on there and it's hard to know what one to install for the best??
I went for the Beersmith2 app because I have it on my PC and it's the one most people seem to have...

I generally formulate my recipes on BrewR (android) and I've worked out my volumes from experience. Never had a problem so far. I don't think I need to be so accurate at the scales I'm doing and I've been more than happy with results so far.

As long as I can work my IBU, efficiency, colour (through BrewR) and I know I'm going to be left with 23 litres of wort at the end, I'm happy.

I have beersmith desktop and full app. Essential bits of kit if you want accurate consistent beer.

K

Back