Beer tap John Guest fitting?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitoog

Reaction score
I have some taps like these below. The silver tap has internal thread of approx 11.2 mm. The gold tap seems the same but has a metal insert and below that there is an o-ring. A 3/8 john guest insert fits into the gold tap to create the push fit. Anybody know if it is possible to get a john guest threaded fitting to screw into the tap. I tried a 1/4 bsp JG threaded fitting but it was too tight. The taps are by univeral dispensing solutions and seem pretty common. I was using the silver tap with a 1/2 inch female to male 90 degree brass connector, but would rather just use JG fittings.
Cheers

IMG_20120301_140011-1.jpg

IMG_20120301_140356.jpg

IMG_20120301_140035.jpg

IMG_20120301_143420.jpg

Thought i had seen just about every tap configuration going this last year, but not seen these.

does the brass fitting your using fit both taps?

I am lucky in that i have an olde worlde hardware shop on my doorstep, they just luv to see me walking in with a carrier bag of bits needing connecting... this is the sort of place you could do with finding.. as once you know what thread it is finding the part you need in:-
http://www.johnguest.co.uk/Home/applica ... hread.aspx, should just take a little time trawling thru, the above link is one of the results of a search for 1/4" x 3/8" i linked it cos if its not bsp it could be ntp??

once you know the part number u may be able to source a couple online..

if you need to work out the thread type its all about thread density and angle or pitch which is just about the limit of my understanding and i only know that after getting confused when i measured a 1/4"bsp fitting and discovered its about 1/2" wide ????? but it is all online..

http://www.ehow.com/how_6377172_measure ... -size.html

I like the corny mod to keep the tap attached steady.. where there is a will.....

Ye I was thinking about bringing the tap to hardware store and see what thread fits it. I will be able to get a 1/2 inch bsp female john guest to 3/8 if I cannot find an internal fitting. The brass fitting is just regular 1/2" female male 90 compression fitting.

whatever it takes im sure it exists.. just a matter of identifying and sourcing..

have you tried asking for the tap specs from the UK distributer?

Postal:Universal Buildings
Green Lane
Hounslow
Middx
TW4 6DFTel:+44 (0) 20 8570 4455Fax:+44 (0) 20 8572 2389Email:[email protected]

all you have to do is find someone to sell you a couple,

couldnt see any on ebay... give JG a call and perhaps they can tell you of any resellers in the uk stocking them.

I found some ntp 1/4" to 3/8" that i needed on ebay USA cost me a tenner in pnp!!!

Latest posts

Back