Beer works

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooby

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a beer works kit?
I have the sheepdogs bitter to put on soon. Wondered if anyone has done this or any others?

This same question came up a few weeks back and I suggested that a search was done for 'Beerworks' or similar at the top left of the site toolbar, since other members have done their kits.

There was a thread on here recently about the Golden Rocket Ale in that range. I fully intend to try some of these soon as they sound quite good. Post up a review of your Sheepdogs when it's in the drinking stage!

Thanks for replies.

Conditioning in bottle: cerveza- with additional hops in first fermentation

Drinking- youngs Oaked rum ale,
Youngs strawberry and lime cider, last few bottles of home pressed cider, one set dry, one sweet.

Suffolk sheepdog to go on next

Thanks for replies.

Conditioning in bottle: cerveza- with additional hops in first fermentation

Drinking- youngs Oaked rum ale,
Youngs strawberry and lime cider, last few bottles of home pressed cider, one set dry, one sweet.

Suffolk sheepdog to go on next

Hi Scooby,

just a quick one how long did uoui leave the youngs oaked rum ale to condition before you started to drink it.

Cheers

Big d 2657

Hi Scooby,

just a quick one how long did uoui leave the youngs oaked rum ale to condition before you started to drink it.

Cheers

Big d 2657

Would depend if you're bottling it or kegging it. Always stick with the 2 week rule as a minimum i.e. 2 weeks priming + 2 weeks conditioning. Then have a try and see what you think. You can always leave it longer then if you think it will benefit.

If bottled you can have a few early on, then leave for a few weeks and try again to see if it's improved at all, repeat until satisfied or it's all gone.

Personally I have said beer underway at the moment. It's ready to bottle, had a little trial jar sample last night and it's already amazing so will be itching to sample the finished product in about 4 weeks time. It will the supplement my draught supplies so a few bottles a week and will be keeping some back to see how it ages including a few to stash away for Christmas.

Mine has changed a lot in the bottle in just under 3 months. Rum came through at start, now that has mellowed and getting a caramel oak flavour now- I reckon another two months(if any left!)! And it should be really good. I did a ruby last year summer, and saved one till two weeks ago and drank alcomparing with two friends newer own (same) Ruby. Mine had really developed into a what the St. Peter's original tastes like.

I've just done the Chinook IPA from Beerworks, and I must say it's lovely. I only bottled this on 20 June so it's still young. Nice initial hop hit and then lingering bitter aftertaste. It's not overly carbonated, which i like. Mouthfeel is a bit thin for the ABV which came out at 6%. It's going to be great in a few months. Murv's Irish Stout and Presidents Sierra APA are next.

I've just done the Chinook IPA from Beerworks, and I must say it's lovely. I only bottled this on 20 June so it's still young. Nice initial hop hit and then lingering bitter aftertaste. It's not overly carbonated, which i like. Mouthfeel is a bit thin for the ABV which came out at 6%. It's going to be great in a few months. Murv's Irish Stout and Presidents Sierra APA are next.

Just started one of these.

3kg Pouch of hopped extract.
650g of brewing sugar
60g Chinook pellets.
20g US west coast yeast
Priming sugar
Hop straining bag.

Never had a kit with a 20g yeast sachet! It's not even a high ABV. Nice golden coloured wort once mixed up, starting gravity around 1.046 so should make it about 4.7 - 4.8 ABV when it finishes. Got potential I think!

On holiday next week so by the time I get back on Saturday 5/8 it should be ready for the hop addition.

Back