Before i bottle St. Peters

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falconi

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I followed the instruction and had a SG of 1.040. It says once the gravity is constant below 1.014 then transfer.

So i have a FG of 1.012 but what puzzles me is the kit box says this will be 4.3% but using the calc this is only 3.7% with this increase once i prime the bottles?

Also i noticed some (bits) probably the hops sachet i used in the test jar after taking a sample through the tap is this normal? along with the remaining hops floating at the top.

Thanks in advance

Dunc

The kits are always a bit optimistic, make sure you adjust for temperature, as hydrometers are calibrated for either 20 or 15 degreesC i believe.

My St Peters got to 1.012, there were a couple of floaters as I recall too - amazing ale tho, leave it 4-6wks, then enjoy!

The coopers kits suggested that priming would add .5% to the FG, not sure if thats true - that was for 8g/L for the cerveza

I also found some floaters
Also I think mine worked out to 3.6

With regards to floaters and I know I may get a telling of here, but I syphoned of through a tea strainer into a F bucket and then bottled.

And what a superb drink it is :thumb:
I will be brewing this again and again before xmas :cheers:

well i used a FV with a tap so i could just go straight to bottling... hope it works out ok :pray:

Back