Bench Capper Wanted

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GibonCZ

Reaction score
Hi all, can anyone recomend a site to get a bench capper ? My handheld one just lost me 3 bottles , cant find any good ones online. Some are £30 plus but no reviews and look like cheap plastic and the rest is coming from states so big postage/import fee plus waiting time and my belgian blond is ready for bottling :D

Mine came from Bigger Jugs, cheap & cheerful, works best if clamped to the worktop, or held down while you cap.

I bought that one from them via Amazon and I'm very happy with it, as it has a second bell for capping my leffe bottles .

Mark

I bought mine from brew2bottle recently for £17.99. I've had a play around and it seems decent enough...not that I know any different, a new brewer.

This one looks the business although I haven't tried it. The others with a square column look a bit flimsy, but they do the job fine.
https://www.geterbrewed.com/doc-revolution-table-top-capper/

I bought one of these, after getting fed up with the hand held type. It is well built and sturdy. Makes capping a doodle. After getting over the initial expense it was one of my best buys and takes a lot of hassle out of bottling. I fix it to the corner of a bench and can cap one handed while filling the next bottle via the wand attached to the fermenter.

I bought that one from them via Amazon and I'm very happy with it, as it has a second bell for capping my leffe bottles .

Mark
Hi Satellite Mark.
I too have a lot of Leffe bottles and want a bench capper capable of using the 29mm caps. Can you confirm which one you bought and is it living up to your expectations?

Thanks,
Barley.

No worries mate, sorry for the short replies, I was out shopping at the time with gloves on making it hard to type !

Homebrew Online have the Super Grifo capper:
Super Grifo Super Grifo - Heavy Duty Table Top Capper - Super Grifo from Home Brew Online UK
Cast iron and stainless steel £105 - expensive but professional quality.
I've got one of these for my cider - it's the utter business. Seems to be what everyone ends up with after spending 30-50 quid on a two or three of **** models which then fail. Bottling's gone from a job I despised into something easy and inconsequential - you can cap 10 bottles in a minute, no exaggeration. The action is beautifully sprung and weighted, seals perfectly.

Expensive but the last capper you'll buy.

I've got one of these for my cider - it's the utter business. Seems to be what everyone ends up with after spending 30-50 quid on a two or three of **** models which then fail. Bottling's gone from a job I despised into something easy and inconsequential - you can cap 10 bottles in a minute, no exaggeration. The action is beautifully sprung and weighted, seals perfectly.

Expensive but the last capper you'll buy.
That looks the business but out of my price range at the moment. Maybe one day when life gets back to normal, if in fact it ever does, I might aspire to one of those, but in the meantime, i'll make do with my one from Bigger Jugs. When it arrives. I'll let you know how I get on as I am using a hand held one at the moment and I am finding it a tad tedious.
Barley.

Latest posts

Back