Best Live Band You Have Seen

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanywiseman.

Landlord.
Reaction score
I am luck enough to have tickets to go see Pearl Jam in Manchester at the end of the month. This got me thinking about the best live bands I have seen as I think this gig will join them. For me at the moment the most memrable have to be:

TV on the Radio
The Jezabels
Tool
Lightening Bolt (Was not able to hear properly for a week!)
Rodrigo y Gabriela

What are yours?

Pearl Jam would be one of mine, saw them about 15 years ago in Sydney :thumb:
Black Keys were amazing when I saw them in Bournemouth a couple of years ago

sure there any many others, but those two stand out

Joe Bonamassa at the BIC in march, absolutely amazing.probably the most talented guitarist on the planet at present.

My best was a complete surprise for me. We went to see Alice Cooper in Manchester when a surprise guest was announced coming back after some time away....it was Ronnie James Dio :shock: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Dio did his set but we kept asking for more and he seemed genuinely humbled by the response he got. When he finished Cooper came on stage, put his arm round Ronnie and said 'how do you follow that' (or words very closely matching that) :cool:
My wife still reminds me of 'my face' when Dio came on stage.
We had tickets which were cancelled due to his death for the next time or so round :( :(
WASP did a pretty good set for the Crimson Idol tour, going to see them in Sept for the 30 year show....hope it's going to be epic...it should be :party:

I've seen some good bands, but streetlight manifesto killed it. Supported reel big fish, whole place is quiet as they start playing a ballad, then out of nowhere everyone goes nuts, brass section going crazy, bottles of water flying about, amazing atmosphere. Completely took me by surprise!

Rolling Stones, seen them 4 times in their heyday. The Who come a very close second.

Nine Inch Nails. I saw them 4 or 5 times since 2001, each gig different, all massive.

Apart from Bones at the Angelfest its got to be

The Who
REM
Buzzcocks
Specials
Madness

Happy days

dennisking said:
Rolling Stones, seen them 4 times in their heyday. The Who come a very close second.

First time I saw the Stones was the legendary Hyde park concert 1969 just a few days after Brian Jones died. 14 years old, no wonder my brain never developed.

The Levellers

with The Wonder Stuff as support for a perfect summers evening getting battered :)

Toastie said:
The Levellers

with The Wonder Stuff as support for a perfect summers evening getting battered :)

just took a listen on spotify, havn't been able to turn them off yet...thanks! :)

Latest posts

Back