better brew bandit brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stan

Reaction score
Hi guys.
complete novice here i am brewing a bandit brew lager kit been in the fv for a week now fermenting nicely down to 1.10 started at 1.51 my question is should i leave it until it gets down to about 1.00 and would finning give me a better clearer brew or is it a personal choice my first brew was a coopers stout been in the bottles 10 days now had to try one tonight and it tastes really nice maybe a bit on the gassy side but for a first attempt i am quite pleased.

thanks in advance Stan

I try an give it an extra few days which you would have to if you added finings which I believe is simple personal choice..

To my understanding 1.010 is about right but like I say I usually check that it stays that for a few days before I do anything with it.

Hope it all goes well!

Thanks for the reply Tankboi, I think i will leave it for a few more days to see what happens still a bit undecided about the finings though.

stan said:
Thanks for the reply Tankboi, I think i will leave it for a few more days to see what happens still a bit undecided about the finings though.

Just gotta find what works for you.

finings will speed up the clearing that's what they are made for. I have never usd them and not had a problem so far but like I say you gotta find what works for you.

Latest posts

Back