BIAB success story

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerguzzler8518

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to post a success story.

Was a party last weekend, took a few brews round for sharing and discovered there were a few CAMRA members present. Bottles were cracked open and I got on with the supping.

A few bottles later, the girlfriend goes to get me a refil and eventually comes back after what seemed like an age (times goes so slowly when ya pint pot's empty and ya dying of thirst! :lol: ).
She sits down grinning from ear to ear and tells me that my beer's a hit. Not only that, but she was chatting to a few of the CAMRA lot and they asked her what brewery I ran!! "No, he's just a homebrewer" she replies. "Yes but he must be running a microbrewery as a business as well though?" "Nope, just a one man homebrewer". "Well that's surprising, but tell him to come to more party's and bring some more ale!"

Needless to say my huge swoolen head made a scraping noise as I walked through the door way :D

Anyway, I'd just like to thank everyone on here for their help, because without this forum, my ale would not be anywhere near as good as it is, so thank you one and all :cheers:

And for those intrested, the 2 brews that I took, were a modified Speckled Hen from Wheeler's book and rich27500's Speckled Hen clone from this thread - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=23519

Latest posts

Back