Blade Beer Machine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My worry with things like this is what happens in 2/5/8 years time when they decide not to bother making the refills anymore?
Kind of like Sonos have done by no longer providing software updates for their older speakers. It's frustrating as a consumer as you spend £100s of pounds on equipment only for it to become useless in 10 years time.
You make a good point about those who don't have space for CO2, dedicated kegerator/keezer and the like. To me, that would be the only benefit of using a system like this.
Personally, if I was looking for something of similar size or had that budget, I'd probably get 5 x 5L SS minikegs with ball lock caps, a mini regulator, party tap, 16g CO2 bulbs and Sodastream (or maybe 3kg CO2 cylinder), reason being that I could then stick a keg in the fridge when needed. Further, if circumstances or desires change for you in the future, all equipment purchased thus far can still be used with, for example, 19L cornies being the obvious upgrade.

Maybe you can adapt them, but not worth it, too much hassle to clean them. YouTube and Google are your friends.

Hi, guys thanks for taking the time to reply.
I used a mini keg system up until about a year or so ago but got concerned about the heat build up inside the larder where my camping fridge/ kegarator was situated. I've just recently sold all my kit on Gumtree and am now back to bottles, however I still miss a pint of draught. Cleaning is a major issue but if some clever person can come up with a custom container I'm in the market.
I live in hope!

Back