Blichmann pump V Chugger,,,, Dangerous? WTF?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys missed the comments then?

The video was allegedly made by the guys who make the chugger pumps, trying to throw shade on the competition.

As pointed out in the comments:-

Why would you open an air bleed valve whilst the pump is running at full whack? It's there to release air locks stopping your pump from working right.

As nobody mentioned: "It tips over if you push down on this stick out bit!", so don't push down on the sticky out bit, or even better, you could actually fasten it down using the holes in the bracket on the bottom of the pump that seem to be there for that very purpose. lol

The only people in any danger from that pump are the seriously stupid, sometimes we should let natural selection do it's work maybe? lol

As nobody mentioned: "It tips over if you push down on this stick out bit!", so don't push down on the sticky out bit, or even better, you could actually fasten it down using the holes in the bracket on the bottom of the pump that seem to be there for that very purpose. lol

When i watched the video i did wonder why he never thought to screw it to a piece of wood to stop it tipping.

The only people in any danger from that pump are the seriously stupid,

The problem is some people lack common sense and if there isn't a warning in the instructions there should be.

Sadly, that's why we have warnings on coffee cups "contents may be hot!", and on bags of nuts saying "May contain traces of nuts...". lol ;)

Personally, I'm rather fond of my little TS-5 Mini Mag pump anyway. :thumb: Thing is though, it's very dangerous! If I remove one of the QD's whilst running boiling wort through it in the last 15 minutes of the boil, I could get really badly scalded! :eek:;) Also, the metal fittings get super hot...;);)

Makes you wonder if Chugger arn't just a bit paranoid about the competition?

TBH, i'm more interested in the Rover Pompe Novax 20B as it self primes, reverses and has a viton seal and Powell Brewing sell it with tap and tails;
https://powellbrewing.co.uk/product/wort-transfer-pump-2/

Anyone use one on hot side?

A warning on a chainsaw said " Keep away from genitals and children" ,,,,,, :eek:

Last edited:
check out the blitchmann hop rocket kit for converting to a 'rims rocket' !!

the 3.5kw element base includes a 'safety' feature of a prv, or rubber bung, which will pop and dump hot liquor down next to the power in..

Latest posts

Back