Boiler build.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are you planning to drain the boiler, quite a few of us drill a hole and fit a tank connector then attach a ball valve to make a tap, like below

DSCF1002.jpg

I'm with you- the tap! I've just ordered it along with a hop strainer from a guy on ebay. Tap comes with a tank connector and threaded back for the hop filter to screw onto. No more hop strainer coming out mid boil!!

[quote
Make sure the kettle leads look like these
10m-iec-power-cable.jpg

Sean, I may be wrong but shouldn't the cable plug have a notch out of the end that plugs into the boiler to be the correct rated one :wha:
I going to use the long lead i got with my wallpaper stripper, once i get my @rse in gear & go AG

You can use PC power cables too, just check they have a 13 amp fuse in.
I stole one from my tv for second element on my first brewday. Right when eastenders was on too :lol:

Please do NOT use a computer power cable - the fuse isn't the issue - the cable and socket are not able to handle the prolonged high current draw and can become a potential fire risk.

BigYin said:
Please do NOT use a computer power cable - the fuse isn't the issue - the cable and socket are not able to handle the prolonged high current draw and can become a potential fire risk.
+1 :thumb:

YOU SHOULDN'T USE PC LEADS!

What you need is a "hot condition" or IEC C15 lead, they are notched to prevent the IEC C13 (PC) lead being used in its place, unfortunately when you strip down a kettle for the element you don't get the socket which stops you using the wrong lead!

I've found some for a tenner but dont think i'll risk it, i'll stick to what everyone else does

Joe have a look around a bootfair, may pick up an old steam wallpaper stripper for a couple quid with the right lead, and the element may be ok to use as well.

Steve

keith1664 said:
YOU SHOULDN'T USE PC LEADS!

What you need is a "hot condition" or IEC C15 lead, they are notched to prevent the IEC C13 (PC) lead being used in its place, unfortunately when you strip down a kettle for the element you don't get the socket which stops you using the wrong lead!
You can get the plugs from "Maplin" and make up your own leads!

I got PC ones that are OK mine are rated 10-16amp the originals that come with the kettles are european plug fittings and are only rated at 10amp so i just changed the fues in mine to 13amp ones, plus the leads and cabling inside are thicker than the originals too.

Latest posts

Back