Bonjour

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brasseur français

Reaction score
Hello there .
I live (and farm Limousin cows) in the centre of France.
I have been home brewing for twenty years and have something of a "habit".
I have a dozen kegs and brew british ales and IPAs for myself and with/for a few local, English Irish and Australian beer lovers who can't adapt to the local so called beer.
Though I do extract brew, I also do kits mostly according to the time I have available usually in 50 litre batches.
I am one of those that has been using this forum for many years without actually contributing but better late than never.

Salut et bienvenue sur le forum.
It sounds like you have an interesting tale to tell. If your mates can't adapt to the "so called beer", I presume they too are English, Irish and Australian. I'd be very keen to swap a bottle or two if you're up in Brittany.
Where do you get your materials and kits from? I find the prices here in France prohibitive and, even with postage, Geterbrewed and Thehomebrewcompany offer much better value for money.

Last edited:
Salut et bienvenue sur le forum.
It sounds like you have an interesting tale to tell. If your mates can't adapt to the "so called beer", I presume they too are English, Irish and Australian. I'd be very keen to swap a bottle or two if you're up in Brittany.
Where do you get your materials and kits from? I find the prices here in France prohibitive and, even with postage, Geterbrewed and Thehomebrewcompany offer much better value for money.
Hello there.

Mostly I buy from the UK and Ireland, I am bit of a fan of BrewUK but I also buy from Brouwland and Braumarkt in Belgium and Holland.

Its sad but true that I buy very little brewing stuff in France. The January sales at Saveur Biere is usually about the only time you get a sensible price.

Its sad but true that I buy very little brewing stuff in France. The January sales at Saveur Biere is usually about the only time you get a sensible price.
That is indeed the case and I think they're slimming down their stocks, particularly on the homebrew side. There used to used to be some good bargains, but not recently. Discontinuing 29mm capsules was just crazy.

Back