Boris Johnson Warns Of Need To 'Endure' High Energy Bills To Defeat 'Evils Of Putin'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s a shame that we British haven’t had a revolution since 1688 and that the French have and wouldn’t have put up with these increases, they would be out in the streets.
Whenever there was a riot or revolt in the uk it usually rains and they all go home. France has better weather than us so more opportunity. Do you ever see rioting in the wet? 🤔 I suppose if the uk does get hotter and dryer in the future it might be more likely.

It’s a shame that we British haven’t had a revolution since 1688 and that the French have and wouldn’t have put up with these increases, they would be out in the streets.
Agreed!

However, they have no need to have a riot at the moment because M. Macron declared a cap on Energy Profits last year …

… and those “No-Hopers” in the EU also moved to protect their citizens!

PS

EDF is currently suing the French Government!
Remember when, a few years back, the UK predicted that the collapse of the Euro was “Imminent”?

According to the Bank of England, the UK Pound is today worth €1.1869 so, to misquote Mark Twain, “The reports of the imminent collapse of the Euro were greatly exaggerated.”

Ref:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/61522123
https://amp.theguardian.com/busines...ced-to-sell-energy-at-a-loss-macron-price-cap
https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/edf-bills-france-less-half-27728887.amp

Well you can blame all the major parties for not ensuring that Britain was independent of any other country for it's energy. Really can't see the logic in relying on other nations. Did they all really think that north sea oil was going to last forever? I see even Australia is exporting gas to you now.

Well you can blame all the major parties for not ensuring that Britain was independent of any other country for it's energy……..
Let’s start by blaming the party that has been in power for many years …

… then, if there is any blame left, we can start looking at the rest!
aheadbutt

BTW, since 1979 the Conservatives have been the ones to blame for nearly 70% of the time; and for 100% of the time since 2010! i.e. 12 years!
:confused:

Let’s start by blaming the party that has been in power for many years …

… then, if there is any blame left, we can start looking at the rest!
aheadbutt

BTW, since 1979 the Conservatives have been the ones to blame for nearly 70% of the time; and for 100% of the time since 2010! i.e. 12 years!
:confused:
Well your Tony Blair warned this was going to happen in 2005! The Labour party was against his nuclear power station program. A clear message if ever their was one to install your own solar.
Over here they kept banging on about rising electricity costs due to cutting back on carbon emissions. If the government isn't going to do anything then do something yourself, simple.

……. If the government isn't going to do anything then do something yourself, simple.
Ah, the cry of the True Blue!

If one can’t blame Labour go for anyone else and add the adjective “simple”!

“Simple” (being defined as “easy to understand, deal with, use, etc.”) is a word that is often used by someone who fails to comprehend the complexity of a situation.
asad.

Ah, the cry of the True Blue!

If one can’t blame Labour go for anyone else and add the adjective “simple”!

“Simple” (being defined as “easy to understand, deal with, use, etc.”) is a word that is often used by someone who fails to comprehend the complexity of a situation.
asad.
As I said the blame rests with all the major parties for procrastinating on how to be self reliant on energy, starting with the Blair government, it was the Tories who eventually took the initiative in building Hinkley C nuclear power plant with more in the pipeline plus off shore wind farms. Taking the initiative to help oneself is surely better than waiting for any government to act?

Yes the UK from October if Germany don't raise the prices of energy that is, we could hold the record for most expensive energy in the world and we don't use russian oil as much as others do. Well done Tories everyone must be envious of our records. If we're not now we will be come January. Why the hell did people put this shower into office.

Long term answer is remember back to the mess the Tories cause whenever they get into power. Short term answer is very difficult because so many things are broken. I believe that all utilities for starters should be taken back. The mega rich should pay their taxes loop holes for big business should be closed. It has been proven if wages rise by even a small amount the benefit systems bill will be cut as people won't be claiming as much. Last but not least set up free trade in Europe once more and cut red tape.

Yes the UK from October if Germany don't raise the prices of energy that is, we could hold the record for most expensive energy in the world and we don't use russian oil as much as others do. Well done Tories everyone must be envious of our records. If we're not now we will be come January. Why the hell did people put this shower into office.
There is a prime example Germany Europe's leader in roof top solar, I go on German brewing forums, they don't sit around moaning, crying and bleating. Positive action is the key, they don't want a government to hold their hand and wipe their arses.

Long term answer is remember back to the mess the Tories cause whenever they get into power. Short term answer is very difficult because so many things are broken. I believe that all utilities for starters should be taken back. The mega rich should pay their taxes loop holes for big business should be closed. It has been proven if wages rise by even a small amount the benefit systems bill will be cut as people won't be claiming as much. Last but not least set up free trade in Europe once more and cut red tape.
The big business would be the Finance and Business sector, the main contributor to the UK economy, put the squeeze on them and lose the to the Nederlands, then the UK will really be in the tish. Even the Labour party wouldn't be that stupid. Nationalising utilities will increase costs, something else the Labour party will steer clear of. The main item on the Labour party's agenda is the deficit, they vow to reduce the deficit each year when they are in power. Where will the money come from, from the working classes of course.

There is a prime example Germany Europe's leader in roof top solar, I go on German brewing forums, they don't sit around moaning, crying and bleating. Positive action is the key, they don't want a government to hold their hand and wipe their arses.

The big business would be the Finance and Business sector, the main contributor to the UK economy, put the squeeze on them and lose the to the Nederlands, then the UK will really be in the tish. Even the Labour party wouldn't be that stupid. Nationalising utilities will increase costs, something else the Labour party will steer clear of. The main item on the Labour party's agenda is the deficit, they vow to reduce the deficit each year when they are in power. Where will the money come from, from the working classes of course.
Like costs aren't increasing now under private ownership. Some good points though. Only thing we can do is direct action is it time to go back to the 80s?

Martin Lewis is on 5 live as I type this saying if the government don't do something and soon we will see civil unrest which will be worse than what we saw when it kicked off when they brought poll tax in.

He is also saying the don't pay campaign is huge now.

….

That said I am glad coward Corbyn never got in based on his comments recently.
Oh dear! Yet another “Tory believer of all things printed by the right-wing press!”

I couldn’t find anything “recent” when I Googled “recent Corbyn comments”, but I did find this about a Tory Councillor on Sky News:

The councillor tweeted a photoshopped picture of Jeremy Corbyn with a poppy wreath looking over the burning taxi that was blown up by a suicide bomber on Remembrance Sunday.

Apparently he had to pay Mr Corbyn “substantial damages”!

https://news.sky.com/story/tory-cou...-at-scene-of-liverpool-terror-attack-12476493
Enjoy!
athumb..

Latest posts

Back