bottling advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave0w

Regular.
Reaction score
when bottling a beer how far off the top of the bottle should you still, how much head space should there be?

i just got a little bottler, to help with filling consistency.

when using a little bottler, just fill to the very top, then when the wand is removed you will have just the right amount of head space.

If you're not using a little bottler, fill to same level as commercial beer would be filled. Why not go and buy some for "research purposes".

+1 for the fill to the top, when you withdraw the filler the level drops to the right level. :thumb:

Thanks ppl :D

and Underground Joe i am doing research right now. and you know what the info is not at the bottom of this bottle, i better check the next one :drunk:

I think I've got some in fridge with the answer you're after, let me go and check...... (Strictly for research purposes of course)

Underground Joe said:
I think I've got some in fridge with the answer you're after, let me go and check...... (Strictly for research purposes of course)

thanks your a legend.

yer i think i over filled my bottles..., would that be a problem was gassing up? i found my first brew to be a little inconsistent some are not flat but not gassed right and some are like bomb's :D.
there still drinkable but only just, the way over gassed ones are made because it hit and miss :lol:

nobyipa said:

Latest posts

Back