Bottling wine question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyreforestred

Reaction score
Daft question. After brewing beer for a few months I’ve today sampled the first of my home brewed wine, a Beaverdale Sauvignon Blanc, and am amazed that I’ve produced something so good. No doubt many, many more wines to be made in the next few weeks.
I enjoy a glass of red, but being a teacher daren‘t open a bottle on a school night, drink it all and face a noisy class full of kids the next day:laugh8:. I’m guessing that home brewing allows for flexibility. Although not conventional would there be anything wrong in bottling wine into 330 ml capped beer bottles? Would be ideal for a school night. I can’t see why it wouldn’t work.

Should be fine, although a 750mm should be fine all week once opened,I think its gets better with a bit of breathing, or stick it in the fridge ovenight.I usually decant mine on thursday and have a glass throughout the weekend. athumb..

Should be fine, although a 750mm should be fine all week once opened,I think its gets better with a bit of breathing, or stick it in the fridge ovenight.I usually decant mine on thursday and have a glass throughout the weekend. athumb..
Cheers. I will give it a go. It’s just down to my self control ( or lack of it) once I’ve opened a bottle :laugh8::laugh8:. I’m slowly coming to terms with bottling beer/wine then having to wait weeks/ months to drink it..... but once it’s open in the fridge and after a day at school.......

Thanks all. Lots of great ideas here. I will, in time, give small bottles and bags a try..... definitely need to go with small bottles for term time!

Back