Boxers (not shorts)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Why do some boxers keep boxing when they have nothing more to prove Fury could easily have lost to a fighter that was having his first professional fight.

Tyson Fury v Francis Ngannou: British heavyweight claims controversial split decision win over ex-UFC fighter

1698592708287.png

WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury claimed a controversial split decision victory over former UFC fighter Francis Ngannou in Saudi Arabia.

Ngannou, 37, put Fury on the canvas in round three after connecting with a left hook.

But while one judge scored it 95-94 in favour of Ngannou, two gave it to Fury at 96-93 and 95-94.

Fury's WBC heavyweight belt was not on the line.

"That definitely wasn't in the script," Fury told TNT Sports.

"I got caught round the back of the head [for the knockdown]. I wasn't hurt. I got up and got back to my boxing.

"He's an awkward man and a good puncher and I respect him a lot. He's given me one of my toughest fights of the last 10 years."

Ngannou, making his professional boxing debut, came out tentatively behind the jab in the opening round and Fury seemed content with a slow start as he looked to get a read on his opponent.

Fury got a first taste of Ngannou's power in round two, though, as a cut opened on the forehead of the Gypsy King when he ate a left hook.

Fury looked ill-prepared and sluggish and hit the canvas in round three when he was found behind the right ear with that same punch.

Perhaps still feeling the impact of that shot, he struggled to find his rhythm until the fifth round when he caught Ngannou with a straight one-two combination.

After a brief push back from Fury when he started to box at range and have success with his jab, Ngannou again began to land some heavy punches in the latter rounds.

Full article - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/67252426

Millions of pounds/dollars.

He isn't short of a bob or two why risk your reputation fighting a guy that has never fought professionally.

With Fury's net worth estimated at around $65 million and his career earnings reaching impressive figures, it is clear that he has established himself as a top-earning athlete in the boxing world. His victory over Klitschko alone earned him over $7 million

Latest posts

Back