Bradfield Brewery - Belgian Blue

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Greer

Reaction score
Morning Brewers,

Just wondering if anyone here has tried Sheffield based Brewery Bradfield's Belgian Blue ale.

It is absolutely delicious and the perfect christmas beer.

I approached them to ask for a recipe but no luck and as i now live back in Belfast i cant get any as they only sell in Sheffield!!

Any ideas??

To give a rough description the ale tastes vaguely similar to a blonde ale but has a purplely colour.

Matt

Attachments

• Bradfield-Brewery_Farmers_Belgian_Blue.png
    Bradfield-Brewery_Farmers_Belgian_Blue.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 100
Did you have any joy brewing this, Drank this a few times in Sheffield when I was still living up north, I like the idea of deconstructing recipes, I would suggest that the berries could be Prunus Spinosa/Blackthorn or Sloe, they are seasonal to september-december. so speaking in general terms, the beer colour would be between 28-32 SRM, then you could consider the malt, might only include 2 or 3 malts.
A base malt and 1 or 2 additional malts to add the colour and malt notes. hops no idea :laugh8: happy brewing, might give it a go when I have more time, see if any of my Sheffield friends that live near bradfield pubs can gleam some info.

Even better news I asked about 20 ltr bag in a box, with idea of transferring to corny kegs, and got this reply
Screenshot_20201027-083234.png
Screenshot_20201027-083234.png

Latest posts

Back