Brew Day!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryF

Brew Numpty
Reaction score
I'm bottling 23L of Coopers Stout with 1kg Youngs BE, 454g of Lyons treacle, 39g German Cascade Hops, 20m boil and added to FV. 4 Tbsp Lavazza instant coffee. Re-pitched Mauribrew yeast + 1tsp YN - OG:1066 - FG:1016. FG was higher than I expected but with my re-pitching the yeast for the first time and the temperature spikes this week I'm not complaining as it smelled lovely and with it ending up at about 6.8% I've no complaints. Tastes very nice in the sample jar and I get to try my first bottle in two weeks. Following this I've put on 23L Youngs Harvest Pilsner, 1kg Youngs BE, 200g honey, 30g Aurora Hops, 20m boil and added to FV, Mangrove Jacks Workhorse yeast + 1tsp YN. OG: 1058. It'll be interesting to see how the Mangrove Jacks Workhorse manages the higher temps, I did this kit in March using Wilko Gervin yeast and very much the same formula so we'll see how it goes.

How did the March batch of pilsner turn out?
I've got the same kit plus honey conditioning at the moment. Mine got a bit stuck with the kit yeast and I couldn't get it below 1.018 but it tasted alright from the sample so I bottled it anyway.

Dan, the only ones left are the ones I hold for four months and they're going down this month. The 1kg of BE, 500g light spray malt and 300g of light brown sugar bumped it up to about 7.1%, the 15g of German Cascade hops made it a more like a very light ale but with the kick of a mule. I loved it, it was a real staple of my drinking, I knew I could rely on it for good flavour, good mouth feel and doing the job. I'm looking forward to this one.

Ah sounds good. I'm going to try and hold off a while before getting stuck into it. None of my brews seem to be lasting long lately!

Latest posts

Back