Brewbarrel Oktoberfest 23 litre kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrums1

Reaction score
Having brewed Brewbrrel Oktoberfest exactly as the instructions I was curious to taste it after only two weeks conditioning. I is very nice, good malt and rounded with very little bitterness, I used the average hop oil (more hops can be added to the brew if that is your preference). It is clean, very refreshing. The head disappears quickly but that could be due to its age, but the carbonation is still there. It is going to be great!!

However, I believe the kits are not going to produced anymore which is a real shame, because the their Oktoberfest is excellent in my view. I also have the Bavarian Lager conditioning right now, it will be a bit more hoppy - but really looking forward to it.

So, simple kit with great results. I really hope Brewbarrel will reconsider! 9/10

I've been looking for this kit for a while now can you recommend any other good one?

These are no longer available. Festival World Beers Pilsner or Mangove Jacks Czech Pilsner. If using MJ kit use liquid malt, not sugar. Hydrate the yeast.

Yes. It was fine. A basic Helles. Actually is would be good to try this with Bohemian Lager yeast or similar bottom-fermenting yeast. Juicy PPA is excellent from MJ.

If you like Deutsch Bier try a Bock. Dark and mild stoutish flavour.

I am still looking for German Pils/lager type kit.

festival Weiß b
I stumbled across this alter a coopers kit to produce an Oktoberfest beer Oktoberfest

Interesting. you could use MJ Helles and Oktoberfest/Marzen and yeast. no sugar - liquid malt instead. For carbonation, I add 150-160g of Spray Malt to 23 litres, so roughly 130 /135g for 20 litres. I would love to know how this turns out :)

Latest posts

Back