Brewday - first in 2 years!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louthepoo

Reaction score
Well i've decided to do a brew after a 2 year absence for a number of reasons and i'm a bit apprehensive as i've had trouble remembering everything! a short read through posts on here and my old brewing notes and i think i'm pretty much there.

Hopefully the first of many - sepecially if i can get a CO2 bottle for my cornies :)

I'm doing a pale ale similar to one i brewed before but with a couple of variations due to ingredients!

4.2k Pale Malt

15g Goldings 60 mins
15g Fuggles 60 mins
5g fuggles 30 mins
5g Goldings 30 mins
15g Challenger 15 mins
10g Challenger 2 mins

Yeast - either Gervin or Nottingham

Hey LTP - hope it went well mate - nice to see you back on the boards :thumb: :cheers:

sorry for the late reply, computer went down! its good to be back, forgot how satisfying brewing was!

Well it didn't go exactly to plan, forgot to do a few things, using new equipment and a different way of sparging so the OG was a little low - 1038! might have something to do with the ingredients being so out of date it was frightening! As long as it tastes ok i dont mind. It WIll get better as i dust off the old grey matter.

hope to do another soon and speak to you guys when i have more time,

cheers, Lou

well FG was 1006 so it fermented better than i thought - had a sip and its not too shabby so far! its gonna get kegged tomorrow :)

Back