Brewdog MBE for services to massive hopping rates

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyQul

Chairman of the Bored
Reaction score
Would you believe it Brewdog have been awarded MBE's

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-36500470

I think I should get one for services to forum moderating and drinking lots of home brew :D

Edit: Getting an MBE doesn't do much for they're punk credentials does it? In the words of the Sex Pistols, "God save the queen. The fascist regime..." :lol:

Forum modding should definitely be recognised by the Queen. Or at least be a valid thing to mention on your CV. I moderate a 50,000+ member Facebook group and it can feel like a full time job sometimes.

If they've announced the MBE for Brewdog they must have accepted. I reckon there's a good chance they will try to do something 'outrageous' when they collect. They'd never miss a publicity opportunity.

Or just make an MBIPA.

I'm a bit ambivalent to Brewdog. I like what they do (although I dont like most of their beers as their too highly hopped for my liking), trying out things differently and experimenting. But I hate the way they try to co-opt the punk thing. Trying to make out they're all anti-establishment as it's clear it's all a marketing ploy. Why dont they just be honest about things and say, 'we're a big brewery bringing you great beer done a bit differently. Try us out.'
I will say though that releasing all their recipes is true punk, in the punk DIY ethos. Although we all know/suspect, that's not why they did it

Agree with all of the above (apart from their beers being too hoppy). I would also say that I like their crowd funding of investment model. Most breweries in a similar position would have sold a large chunk of the company to big investors to fund growth.

Agree with all of the above (apart from their beers being too hoppy). I would also say that I like their crowd funding of investment model. Most breweries in a similar position would have sold a large chunk of the company to big investors to fund growth.

Whose accountants would have balked at the amount spent on ingredients, forcing the current management out and leading to the company to be taken over by Coors.

Would you believe it Brewdog have been awarded MBE's

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-36500470

I think I should get one for services to forum moderating and drinking lots of home brew :D

Edit: Getting an MBE doesn't do much for they're punk credentials does it? In the words of the Sex Pistols, "God save the queen. The fascist regime..." :lol:

Yeah, "We Meant It, Maaan" - whatever it was we meant. I bought the 7" single with the picture of HRH on the front back in the summer of 1977. The Pistols were a sort of icon, but the reality is that they made about 5 memorable recordings (as in songs) and then disappeared.

Getting an MBE for making some beer amuses me, I've never bought a bottle of it and never thought much of their recipes either.

Yeah, "We Meant It, Maaan" - whatever it was we meant. I bought the 7" single with the picture of HRH on the front back in the summer of 1977. The Pistols were a sort of icon, but the reality is that they made about 5 memorable recordings (as in songs) and then disappeared.

Getting an MBE for making some beer amuses me, I've never bought a bottle of it and never thought much of their recipes either.

There's quite a good Punk exhibition at the British Library atm. They had a lot of 7" singles on display along with lots of other stuff. It's free too.

https://www.bl.uk/events/punk-1976-78

Back