Brewfather - Maischfest 35L

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Branny

Beer swillin, pie munchin, fat mon
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm slowly getting to grips with Brewfather, what a great app.

Ahead of my first AG I want to make sure my boiler settings are right but there doesn't seek to be a standard profile for the 35L version of the Maischfest (or it's other other named variants).

Does anyone have their settings that they can share?

As always any help is hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

Sorry it’s a month late but these are the numbers I use for my 30L model.

Since the 35L just adds height and not width they should be mostly the same. Following a disastrous stuck mash and even worse stuck sparge, I have deliberately gone quite high on the dead space to make some accommodation for how narrow the grain tube is.

F68FC6CB-4E12-41B5-91DB-3E0A7BDAF9F4.jpeg

Sorry it’s a month late but these are the numbers I use for my 30L model.

Since the 35L just adds height and not width they should be mostly the same. Following a disastrous stuck mash and even worse stuck sparge, I have deliberately gone quite high on the dead space to make some accommodation for how narrow the grain tube is.

View attachment 82209
Thank you, hugely appreciated.

Are you using a bag in the grain tube - if so, is the dead space effectively the dead space to the tap which your not decanting into the fermenter?

I ask as on my 2 uses so far I've put it all in the fermenter.

Thanks again.

Possibly wrongly, I take dead space to mean any water involved in the mash that isn’t in direct contact with the grain, so that would include the water under the basket, and that between the grain tube and the edge of the vessel too in theory. It probably gets a bit complicated when the water in dead space is at the same level as the grain but as a general rule I have found 2/3 of the total volume for the mash and 1/3 for the sparge seems to work quite well.

I do use a bag inside the tube purely because I also use a pump and the grain husks that make it out of the grain tube tend to clog the impeller if I don’t, but not cheaping out on the pump like I did would possibly overcome this.

Back