30 or 35L Maischfest? Or Alternative?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Branny

Beer swillin, pie munchin, fat mon
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm going to be investing in the Maischfest post Xmas for BIAB.

I'll be fermenting in my Fermzilla all rounder and want to keg 19l of beer.

That being the case, would the 30L boiler be sufficient or should I just pay the extra for the 35L? Would their be any downsides to going bigger?

Finally, any alternative that individuals would recommend that is similar in price?

As always any advice is hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

As someone with a 30L boiler I would say go for the 35L, I find I can just do a 23L batch but its a bit of a stretch with BIAB and for stronger beers with larger grain Bills I have to drop the batch size down to 19 or 15L to ensure everything fits.

As someone with a 30L boiler I would say go for the 35L, I find I can just do a 23L batch but its a bit of a stretch with BIAB and for stronger beers with larger grain Bills I have to drop the batch size down to 19 or 15L to ensure everything fits.

Thank you - that confirms it for me.

Which boiler do you have?

Thank you - that confirms it for me.

Which boiler do you have?

I use a 30L Klarstein Maischfest Mash Kettle, size aside it has worked out well for me. It’s by no means top of the range but it is fairly reasonably priced, easy to use and gives me results that I am happy with. One thing to remember with Klarstein is that they do have a european plug as standard but do send an adapter.

https://www.klarstein.co.uk/?cl=det...&varselid[0]=e018b9aa17e376b75cf41801365023a5

Latest posts

Back