Brewfridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GF21

Reaction score
Hi All ,
I bought a fridge for homebrew a couple of months ago now , along with that i use an inkbird for temperatures during fermentation , especialy lager brews , however , just recently , after my last brew , i noticed that the fridge as a standalone unit (inkbird turned off and removed ) wouldnt chill down under its own steam , the interior light came on as usual but it wouldnt cool , it is plugged into a mains socket directly . Today however i turned it back on , and bugger me , it came on , could the inkbird be messing with the compressor somehow , are there any settings i can use , ie PT settings , as i usualy keep that at 0 , i am due another brew soon , but worried it might stop working whilst fermentation is on the go , any help gratefully recieved all
Thanks

I can't see the inkbird messing it apart from switching it on too often and that will knacker it. I've the compressor delay on my inkbird set to 3 minutes. I'm no fridge engineer but this is the setting I've mostly seen people suggest and went with it myself.

thx for that Mr , i have it set at 0 , so will try at 3 , it was just wierd , it wouldnt kick in but interior light came on etc , left it for 3 weeks or so , switched it back on and it clicked on right away

Just to add, I have a few inkbird's and the manual claims default setting for PT is 3, the default setting on mine are all 0, I have mine set on 5 for a chest freezer which is my conditioning/serving cellar at temp 10-12°C though turned it down to 8°c this summer, my other is at 3 which is my fridge fermentation chamber, that couldn't crash cool in heatwave and only got down to 6°C with fridge constantly working, think it's survived as had fan on elements but I think an upgrade is required

Latest posts

Back