Brewing summer beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damfoose

Reaction score
Afternoon / evening brew so the strike water is on now to find a summer beer recepie... Yep I have done it again doing another impromptu brew, Cant do it tomorrow as my lad is playing rugby so today is the day before it gets to warm to brew anything.

Nice one Damfoose. If you have any Flowery Fruity hops then I reccomend a Golden Ale style like I brewed a week ago. It's basically all pale malt with a touch of wheat for head retention and single hopped. It's golden and light in the FV now and smells sensationally thanks to the Aurora from Barleybottom. Can't wait to Corny it but waiting for a new CO2 regulator and want to pressure test the Keg as it's new to me and don't want to risk it.

Have a good one!

No pics today sorry ... yet again as im getting on with a load of chores whilst the brew is doing its thing.
I have decided on Hop Backs Summer Lightning for this one though as it should be good for the summer...

Was going to propose Summer Lightning! It's a decent beer, anyone know where it's sold supermarket wise in the North of England? Not seen it available anywhere since I moved back oop North.

arturobandini said:
Was going to propose Summer Lightning! It's a decent beer, anyone know where it's sold supermarket wise in the North of England? Not seen it available anywhere since I moved back oop North.
Booths are a good source of bottled beers.

I checked the OG its 1045 which is pretty much where I wanted it making it a nice quaffing refreshing brew for the summer.

As requested from wez the recepie, sorry its been a really busy day and I seem to have forgoten to keep this up to date.

5 kg Marris otter
50g Challenger 90 min
20g Golding last 15 min

10g Golding steep
10g Progress steep

arturobandini said:
anyone know where it's sold supermarket wise in the North of England? Not seen it available anywhere since I moved back oop North.

Morrisons....bought a couple of bottles there yesterday....drunk the bu88ers tonight and the yeast is currently bathing in 1/2 litre of wort for my next brew....Summer lightning clone...always a good summer ale.

Morrissons eh? They're taking over the Co-operative supermarket in my village after Tesco Metro opened up next door and forced them to close it. Might be brewing with some of this famous yeast myself before too long. Wrote to Hopback for a recipe a week or so ago so if they don't get back to me I'll be using the one Damfoose posted!

Latest posts

Back