BrewTrax Software

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welsh_Wizard

Reaction score
Does anyone else use this software??

Before I start with the superlatives, please note that I am no way affilliated to this company - just happy with product !

Bought it for £20 off their site this evening. Search BrewTrax on Google.

It is literally everything I have been looking for. I can add all the things I am currently brewing and also see what has been bottled or is ageing.

I can upload recipes for country wines, print off labels etc etc etc. Absolutely everything. Kit wines are on there and as it sync's to a central database almost all of the kits wines in the UK are already on here - if not - just add it yourself !

It works for all brewing, lagers, ales, bitter etc etc. Not sure of how easy to use for AG it is but so far I have been really impressed.

You can print off tasting sheets, labels for your carboys or fermenters etc etc. Just can't actually find anything that's missing at the moment.

Massive thumbs up. 5/5 so far.

:clap:

Do they do a trial version by any chance?

I'd be interested for all my non-beer stuff because its a nightmare to shoehorn into Beersmith!

Having viewed their video, it seems eminently suitable for all types of kits and country wines. :)
I t did not appear to me to be either AG or BIAB orientated! :eek:
A shame as it seems to be well thought out and user friendly. :(

It is everything to be honest. I don't do anything else other than wine but there are sections for everything!

Just gone through the program again to gauge how it works.

Are you familiar with databases and the like.. remember MS Access back in the day ???

I can only say that this program is essentially one large database. What the makers have done is create different tables and the like for different brews. One for red wines, one for country wines, one for ales etc etc..All of this, irespective of what your making is recorded in this way with a user-friendly front screen over the top to make it easier to navigate.

You essentially have a blank canvas to record what you like, and I mean - whatever you like. The ingredients and method are blank canvases.

What is interesting is the diary system and chemical result tracker part which allows you to log almost every variable you can imagine whilst also setting up reminders in their calender system.

I have gone through beer/ale/lager kits and there are thousands already on there...things like Woodfords Wherry etc etc and all that is is where someone has sat down and typed in all the ingredients and processes etc.

If you go into the program and select this as your next brew, everything gets pre-populated for you and it gets added to your 'my brew' list. What the program then excels at is data tracking what happens after this point. Temp, racking, SG, FG, alkalinity, bottling etc etc..Every variable is catered for.

If your into AG - its not like your going to find a recipe on the database 'cos I would assume in the main part its unique.

What you do in this case is record and document your AG recipe, which gets uploaded to the central database that everyone 'syncs' too. You sit down and physically type in what you do. Then, once you have it open in your 'cellar', you have the option to record absolutely every single variable you can think of.

If your still not made up, email the guy. I had to for something minor and he emailed me back in about 20 mins. Maybe he can sort you out with a demo version.

Either way, I spent £20 on this and class it as my best purchase to date.

Regards

WW

Back