Brewzilla dead - burnt out socket

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are one of the importers of these units. We offer a 2 year UK based warranty (we do the warranty, not Kegland) . The Gen 4 has only been on sale for around 18 months so I would suggest the original poster gets in contact with where they bought it from. They should sort it out. Even after the 2 year warranty is up we support customers providing spare parts and advice as needed.

Does the error suggest thermal cutout to you?

Does the error suggest thermal cutout to you?
Hey Mashbag - yes it does. I don't know if the OP has tried re-calibrating the temp on the unit - I doubt its that but might be worth trying. I don't think we've seen that error before with the Gen4. The original issue was likely caused by moisture / water in the socket.

We are one of the importers of these units. We offer a 2 year UK based warranty (we do the warranty, not Kegland) . The Gen 4 has only been on sale for around 18 months so I would suggest the original poster gets in contact with where they bought it from. They should sort it out. Even after the 2 year warranty is up we support customers providing spare parts and advice as needed.
Thanks - I got it from you :D. I also got the replacement unit from you, the pump from which is on its way back to you because its failed (we spoke about it a couple of weeks ago). To be honest I'm totally sick of the old one and just want rid. Its continued presence here reminds me of the stress and disappointment of the original failure.

If it were the only one I had I might have persisted a bit more but as I have a working one (or will do when the pump is replaced) I lack the motivation, not least because I'm both technically inept and lazy

Back