Brewzilla dead - burnt out socket

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've now got it all put together and switched it on. As soon as its booted up it bleeps, tells me "Vessel has boiled dry" and, in red above where the target temperature is it says "sensor too hot". The only reference to this I could find is in this thread where Kegland advise waiting for it to reset.

However, leaving it switched on only causes the Rapt portal to keep pushing notifications that there has been a thermal overload and it doesn't reset. As I'm now at the limit of my abilities to make further repairs, think I might be starting to throw good money after bad, and have in any case replaced it with a new one, I just want rid of it.

So if anyone wants a project, is willing to cover the postage (if necessary) and make an offer for all the brand new stuff that will come with it (controller, grain basket, cooling coil etc.) please let me know

I thought the basic unit came without the RAPT?
The Rapt controller is built into the basic unit but relies on the built-in temperature probe in the base, similar to other systems on the market.
The Rapt Bluetooth temperature probe is an optional extra which can be used as an alternative method of controlling the heating elements.
I think reviews of the gen 4 would be much better if the unit came with the Bluetooth probe as standard.

It has to be said the system works really well controling the mash from the BT at the top of the mash.

Especially when used in conjunction with the heat exchanger plate.
Brewzilla should have canvased a bit more opinions before sending these out as is... Brewzilla Gen 4.1 coming up? I have just bought a boiler extender for me it is just too small a volume for a 25L batch pre boil is 30- 31L too near the brim for my liking.

It's not often I say this, but can we stay on topic please. This thread is posted by a member who is having a real issue getting a failed Bz to work.

Can we help him....

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove or disable the rapt module, so that he can see if the basic unit works.

RTFQ.

It's not often I say this, but can we stay on topic please. This thread is posted by a member who is having a real issue getting a failed Bz to work.

Can we help him....

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove or disable the rapt module, so that he can see if the basic unit works.

RTFQ.
Just a thought but would it not be better to
A) Take it to the supplier to ask their advice or B) get in touch with Kegland about the issue? Do Kegland have a European base?
Of topic I know but this is where you score when you buy Grainfather gear, if it goes wrong you get in contact and the issue is resolved the do have a European base to deal with customer issues like this one.

Can we help him....

RTFQ.
It appears that consett26 has thrown in the towel.
However you did ask
"Is it possible to get the basic unit working without the rapt"
RoomWithABrew then asked
"I thought the basic unit came without the RAPT?"
As you didn't answer his question, I thought I would !
I'm sorry I didn't think it was worth starting another thread to answer his question. 🫢

A) Take it to the supplier to ask their advice or B) get in touch with Kegland about the issue? Do Kegland have a European base?
Of topic I know but this is where you score when you buy Grainfather gear, if it goes wrong you get in contact and the issue is resolved the do have a European base to deal with customer issues like this one.

Absolutely.

I was also trying to see (if it was easy to separate the two) which one was causing the issue.

I've now got it all put together and switched it on. As soon as its booted up it bleeps, tells me "Vessel has boiled dry" and, in red above where the target temperature is it says "sensor too hot". The only reference to this I could find is in this thread where Kegland advise waiting for it to reset.

Hang on this might be a stuck (busted) thermal cutout.

Cheap to replace and the fact that home brew stores stock them, tells me you are not the first to have this problem.

I googled "brewzilla thermal cutout" and it was everywhere!

https://www.angelhomebrew.co.uk/bre...ontent=17555396059&param1=pmaxsc&gad_source=1

Ps. Same cutout for all sizes.

Pps. Give Angel a call. Good crowd and I get the feeling he had seen this already 👍🏻👍🏻

We are one of the importers of these units. We offer a 2 year UK based warranty (we do the warranty, not Kegland) . The Gen 4 has only been on sale for around 18 months so I would suggest the original poster gets in contact with where they bought it from. They should sort it out. Even after the 2 year warranty is up we support customers providing spare parts and advice as needed.

Latest posts

Back