Brewzilla dead

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I did a brew today no problems. then i filled the kettle with water set it to boil at 60c i put 2 scoops of oxy in it got to 76c and kaput. i checked the fuse in the plug all ok i then drained it turned it upside down to find the reset button so my ? is, is there a reset button and any other ideas that could be wrong

Element
SSR that drives the element
Supply to the SSR
Some sort current fuse, thermal fuse or cut out.
Logic in the controller

You’ll have to take it apart and poke about with a multimeter.

Do not fully despair Rod my Ace gave up the ghost after 5+ years.
I have still got the pump for re-circulate so I added a Peco element and use it just manually like old BIAB style but with the re-circ pump you can still mash as is and also whirlpool.
I do intend to get a new one eventually but I have done probably 7 or 8 brews and just keeping the mash constant is the only thing I have to do extra as the boil is on full heat so you can still brew.
If you do not want to use it as a manual AIO you can use it as a water heater

Do not fully despair Rod my Ace gave up the ghost after 5+ years.
I have still got the pump for re-circulate so I added a Peco element and use it just manually like old BIAB style but with the re-circ pump you can still mash as is and also whirlpool.
I do intend to get a new one eventually but I have done probably 7 or 8 brews and just keeping the mash constant is the only thing I have to do extra as the boil is on full heat so you can still brew.
If you do not want to use it as a manual AIO you can use it as a water heater
I still have my Klarstein fullhorn so if if it comes to the worst i could as you say salvage the pump

I still have my Klarstein fullhorn so if if it comes to the worst i could as you say salvage the pump
I left the pump in situ and added the element (drilled kettle). It cost me about £30 inc a new rated lead and postage

Been here before with a robobrew (which I think is the same gubbins)

There is a thermal cutout. Looks like a coat button, with a couple of lugs.

Probably only a tenner inc post if you get the numbers off it.

Where abouts are you? I am happy to tinker alternatively do you have a catering equipment chap near you?

Certainly is Rod.
My element or one of them had died, I did a continuity test on mine so did the upgrade but get a friend electrically savvy to check it out first

Back