Brewzilla dead

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a thought - do you have it plugged into a trailing socket? Mine didn't used to work when it was plugged into one.
Do you mean a coiled up extension lead? Mine used to cut out after so long when I used one. A friend told me it was due to overheating because the cable wasn't fully uncoiled (all 5 meters of it). Switched to a four-gang extension lead and haven't had a problem since.

I am no sparky but you do need to un-reel extension leads as they overheat. I am sure a more electrically knowledgeable member will confirm and expand on why

Do you mean a coiled up extension lead? Mine used to cut out after so long when I used one. A friend told me it was due to overheating because the cable wasn't fully uncoiled (all 5 meters of it). Switched to a four-gang extension lead and haven't had a problem since.

Mine used to do it with both kinds, but I'm not sure about the integrity of my electrics 🤣

I'd suggest coaxing the neighbour over for a beer. Get the bottom off the unit and test with voltmeter.
The thermal cutout could be the cause but it's intermittent powering suggests damp or another issue.
The all in ones are basically power in, thermal cutout and then power to elements and the controller and pump.
Few videos on YouTube where people take them apart to fit smartPID controller which would also help with the circuit diagram.
Enjoy your holiday.

I got a baseball bat you can use...drag it out and smash the granny out of it. Kill the @#£%er! Then tie it to your car and take it for a drag round the block...then chuck it in the river. Or go handcuff it to a tree in a forest miles from anywhere...

Be careful Clint these are AIO machines they may train themselves to take the baseball bat off you and use it against you.
Oops they are AIO and not AI :laugh8:

The drunken cyclist is a genius thank you very much sir
IMG_1704.jpeg

Last edited:
Ah, ok.
I just boil a kettle and pour that in with the oxy for the stubborn, burnt on stuff at the bottom. Then tackle the rest with a hose and non scouring sponge.

Do you fill yours and then bring it up to over 70c?

Latest posts

Back