Buying group

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in joining a malt & hop buying group in East Anglia.

Malt is available much cheaper if we achieve a minimum quantity of 6 or so 25kg sacks.

Similarly hops are available in 5kg packs.

I can't see why we can't achieve a sack of Malt and say 750g hops for less than £50. Distributed by meet up. Which is a good excuse for a beer 🍻 😂😂

Thoughts anyone?

The current issue with cheap foodstuffs is the cost to get it to the consumer. The de facto issue is that NATO being now locked in an un willable war in the Ukraine will lead to increases in the basic human staples of grain, be it rice, wheat, barley, maize, sorghum, etc across the world. If you think I am just rambling - see Jared Diamond's excellent writings around the reasons for our unsustainable numbers.

Would anyone be interested in joining a malt & hop buying group in East Anglia.

Malt is available much cheaper if we achieve a minimum quantity of 6 or so 25kg sacks.

Similarly hops are available in 5kg packs.

I can't see why we can't achieve a sack of Malt and say 750g hops for less than £50. Distributed by meet up. Which is a good excuse for a beer 🍻 😂😂

Thoughts anyone?
East Anglia is a 5 hour drive from where I live. I know, I once did the Bungay Black Dog Marathon down that way (1991 - some git called Sandy Simpson won it) and it is too far away from anywhere to make a group buy practical.

I thought if there is a few of us, we can share the benefit of the bulk buying, probably once or twice a year. It really depends if where people are. I guess it's Cambridgeshire centric.

Latest posts

Back