BZ's mini-microbrewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewzone

Regular.
Reaction score
After 2 years of brewing anything between 10 and 20 gallons at a time I've decided I want to do smaller batches like in the old days.

As there were no 33L Nordic pots around at the time I went for a 19L stockpot brewery.

I should be able to get a cornies worth out of it which suits Me atm.

The burner I'm using is 8.8kwh and as I was using 12.4kwh burners for a 100L batch this should be more than powerful enough.

There's no pump and I'm using an immersion chiller in 10MM copper.

I've made a mash and hop filter from some 1mm woven mesh and a couple of headlight stone guards.

They look mint.

I want to go back to basics for a while as I have very little time to do 20 gallon batch brews these days.

I can lift everything if needed and cleaning up afterwards will hopefully be a lot quicker.

I hope to have some brewday pics when I brew the first 19L batch in around a fortnight.

/BZ

Hey Wez!

Sorry I've not been very sociable of late as I've been really busy.

I get on THBF and look around but just don't seem to have the time to natter as much as I'd like.

I will have to make more time I s'pose.

Hope everyone is well!

/BZ

Yeah - all good with the Wez's thanks :thumb: Hope you are too :D

Hey pop in as often as you can, always good to hear from you :thumb:

Yea i've heard rumours that some people have lives outside the forum but until now i didn't believe it :shock: Looking forward to the pics mate :D

A T said:
Yea i've heard rumours that some people have lives outside the forum but until now i didn't believe it :shock: Looking forward to the pics mate :D

I got given strict orders to be more attentive with SWMBO.

Sh*t just realised the smaller brewery means I'll be brewing more often :whistle:

She's gonna kill Me :cheers:

Well I've got round to putting the new mini brewery together.

Here's a few pics of it.

Will be posting some brewday pics soon.

BZ

19L%201.JPG

19L%20Boiler.JPG

19L%20HLT.JPG

19L%20Mashtun.JPG

19L%20SR%20MP.JPG

Foker%20Burner.JPG

Vossy1 said:
Shiny shiny :cool: , love the mash paddle, I almost made myself one of those a few months back :lol:

I got hacked off with the plastic wine paddle bending on the 25kg brews.

They clean up nicely with a drop of lemon juice on a polishing rag.

I've still got to make the wort chiller before brew day.

I'm intending to sell this brewery once I've used it!

If anyone one is interested I would accept £350.00 + delivery

Nothing wrong with it, I just want to start on the next project ASAP.

BZ

I'll never regret the day I learned to solder a few bits of copper pipe fittings. :thumb:

I ended up collecting 10L at 1.090 which when diluted to 20L for the corny worked out at approx 1.045

I used 4.6 Kg of malt and got around 64% brewhouse efficiency.

Would have been better if I'd taken more time over the sparging.

I'll be putting a Nordic 33L system with 32L insulated tun together soon hopefully.

BZ

Back