Can anyone recommend a STOUT KIT

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welsh123

Reaction score
I recently brewed a BULLDOG EASTER BREW CHOCOLATE STOUT and it was a disaster and a complete waste of money and time.
The fermentation stuck at around 1028 and after contacting the supplier I then bottled it and waited to see what would happen .
After 8 weeks in the bottle I opened one and it was not carbonated at all and smelt horrible .
I tried others and some had carbonated but the head was a funny brown color and the smell was awful as was the taste .
I ended up flushing everything down the toilet .
I would like to brew something like a MURPHYS or similar .

I'm not expert as I am still new to Brewing but my first kit which I started last October was St Peters Cream Stout and it turned out superbly, I had a none Stout drinker drinking it with me over Christmas and he loved it. I was really pleased with the way it turned out, great head retention and flavors. I've since done the Bulldog Stout which I racked to bottles on Christmas Eve, I have tried one which tasted great however there was very little head, I have put it out to condition for longer and I am going to retry it in a couple of weeks time, see if it has absorbed some more CO2.

XSnWaAJ.jpg

I'm not expert as I am still new to Brewing but my first kit which I started last October was St Peters Cream Stout and it turned out superbly, I had a none Stout drinker drinking it with me over Christmas and he loved it. I was really pleased with the way it turned out, great head retention and flavors. I've since done the Bulldog Stout which I racked to bottles on Christmas Eve, I have tried one which tasted great however there was very little head, I have put it out to condition for longer and I am going to retry it in a couple of weeks time, see if it has absorbed some more CO2.

XSnWaAJ.jpg
Looks Great

Latest posts

Back