Can this be right?!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SheepDog

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just brewed my second batch of Evil Dog Double IPA. (I loved the first so much😋)

My question, Is my calculation correct? OG 1072, FG 1008.. Checked each reading with 2 hydrometers as I thought it a high OG.

Bottle conditioning adding .4% does this make my brew a shade over 9%?

Thanks for any response. Have a great day :thumb:

As long as you're sure the readings were accurate then yes that's about right. That is 88% aa which is very high, have you tasted it?

Hi all,

Just brewed my second batch of Evil Dog Double IPA. (I loved the first so much😋)

My question, Is my calculation correct? OG 1072, FG 1008.. Checked each reading with 2 hydrometers as I thought it a high OG.

8.4% ABV without compensating for the priming sugar

Hi all,

Any other brews you've done before ?

Any other brews you've done before ?

I've tried this brew when I started a year ago, I didn't have a hydrometer so just brewed 2x2x2.. I really liked it.

Brewed a couple of coopers stout, added extra dark malt, enjoyed that too.

Also brewed

Festival landlord (very nice)
Raj reward, done this twice, once was great, second batch not so good
Festival razerback ipa
Directors
Festival Belgian ale
Coopers IPA
Coopers Dark Ale

About to brew Muntons Old Conkerwood and a Colne Valley bitter :thumb:

I've tried this brew when I started a year ago, I didn't have a hydrometer so just brewed 2x2x2.. I really liked it.

Brewed a couple of coopers stout, added extra dark malt, enjoyed that too.

Also brewed

Festival landlord (very nice)
Raj reward, done this twice, once was great, second batch not so good
Festival razerback ipa
Directors
Festival Belgian ale
Coopers IPA
Coopers Dark Ale

About to brew Muntons Old Conkerwood and a Colne Valley bitter :thumb:

so your telling me youve done this before......

so your telling me youve done this before......

Coming up to 12 months, just recently started to check gravity and not just "bung" it all in and hope for the best.

I must say.. It has been a very happy 12 month haha :mrgreen:

Coming up to 12 months, just recently started to check gravity and not just "bung" it all in and hope for the best.

I must say.. It has been a very happy 12 month haha :mrgreen:

thats the most important bit - that your enjoying it and reaping the benefits hehe

im surprised youve not knocked up a batch of turbo cider yet in all honesty:whistle:

thats the most important bit - that your enjoying it and reaping the benefits hehe

im surprised youve not knocked up a batch of turbo cider yet in all honesty:whistle:

Turbo cider?! I think I need to research this, thank you

Turbo cider?! I think I need to research this, thank you

Your going to want a demijohn ( 1 gallon) either glass or plastic

i would recommend glass as they are easier to clean and are going to last ages!

you could get a plastic 1 for about a quid tho if you buy a 5 litre bottle of water from tesco or somewhere :)

i would recommend getting a rubber bung and 6 bubble bubbler aswell as theyre fun and safer then the hi-hat bubbler

have a look at the cider and wine section for recipes

my fav yeast for TC = EC-1118

Your going to want a demijohn ( 1 gallon) either glass or plastic

i would recommend glass as they are easier to clean and are going to last ages!

you could get a plastic 1 for about a quid tho if you buy a 5 litre bottle of water from tesco or somewhere :)

i would recommend getting a rubber bung and 6 bubble bubbler aswell as theyre fun and safer then the hi-hat bubbler

have a look at the cider and wine section for recipes

my fav yeast for TC = EC-1118

Thanks again, I happen to have a glass demijohn so will look through the advised pages.. I'm off work a few days this week so have an idea what I could be doing now :)

Latest posts

Back