Cashless society negatives.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
catching people breaking the law is a job for the police not the

You mean the police force that is stretched to the limit due to cuts?

Lets take the examples from your earlier post -

“targeted dog fouling enforcement”

dangerous toys and car clocking;

crack down on the selling of fireworks to children.

Fly tipping - The council deployed a “covert camera” in the upstairs bedroom window of another property, which gathered evidence of what was happening.

monitor the sale of alcohol, tobacco and fireworks to people underage,

capture those illegally dumping waste in recycling centres.

Do you want police officers to hang around parks, shops, recycling centres and known fly tipping areas on the off chance they may get lucky and be there at the same time as someone breaks the law or would you rather have a camera placed in these areas which frees up the police so they can get on with other stuff?

i don't mind being tracked aint doing owt wrong, i just think they are tracking the wrong people athumb..
How ironic you have made a big deal about the use of cameras being used by councils to catch criminals in this thread because as you say -

But they never mention the real reasons do they, only the one's people like, if you dig deeper you find what they are really up to

yet you do not object to being tracked. :?:

Last edited:
Why is it ironic, i can see the sinister side of it, the police are funded by local money paid by tax payers they also have under cover officers, so why do the council need to be covert

Why is it ironic, i can see the sinister side of it, the police are funded by local money paid by tax payers

You have already made that clear (see quote below) but have presented no evidence whatsoever to back up your claim even though i have asked for it

But they never mention the real reasons do they, only the one's people like, if you dig deeper you find what they are really up to

Last edited:
Rodcx500 - they also have under cover officers, so why do the council need to be covert

I have already discussed this -

You mean the police force that is stretched to the limit due to cuts?

Lets take the examples from your earlier post -

“targeted dog fouling enforcement”

dangerous toys and car clocking;

crack down on the selling of fireworks to children.

Fly tipping - The council deployed a “covert camera” in the upstairs bedroom window of another property, which gathered evidence of what was happening.

monitor the sale of alcohol, tobacco and fireworks to people underage,

capture those illegally dumping waste in recycling centres.

Do you want police officers to hang around parks, shops, recycling centres and known fly tipping areas on the off chance they may get lucky and be there at the same time as someone breaks the law or would you rather have a camera placed in these areas which frees up the police so they can get on with other stuff?

In my world I think people should have their DNA taken and Facial recognition used everywhere.
I know the usual arguments about civil liberties but it would stop crime almost immediately or slow it right down -only potential criminals would not want this in my world
Edit sorry slightly off topic

I wonder how drug dealers will get round a cashless system, i am sure they already know.

I think cash will always be there, when they refer to cashless society I think they mean large businesses such as supermarkets and large stores

I think cash will always be there, when they refer to cashless society I think they mean large businesses such as supermarkets and large stores

I think we will be forced to go cashless eventually.

My son and his friends dont carry cash or card they use their phones once all us olds have gone i think cash transactions will go into a steep decline and it'll get to a point where they'll be phased out.

Did you actually read the article?

I am not going to list them all but why would you object to the councils using cameras to catch -

Meanwhile, Lancaster city council used the act, in 2012, for “targeted dog fouling enforcement” in two hotspots over 11 days.

Wolverhampton used covert surveillance to check on the sale of dangerous toys and car clocking;

Slough to aid an investigation into an illegal puppy farm;

Westminster to crack down on the selling of fireworks to children.

The local authority also detailed the use of Ripa following a complaint about the accumulation of rubbish in a rear garden, claiming that the perpetrator was a “serial fly tipper”. The council deployed a “covert camera” in the upstairs bedroom window of another property, which gathered evidence of what was happening.

More recently, it has used the law to monitor the sale of alcohol, tobacco and fireworks to people underage, and capture those illegally dumping waste in recycling centres.
Some times camera arent always the panacea we think.

so if you link cameras up to AI because with so much footage humans can't trawl through it you could have a system say where a wrapper fell out of your pocket you didn't notice the AI does facial recognition and links you to driving licence or passport photo. you get an auto fine in the post for littering.

With regards to dog 💩. A doggy DNA database linked to registered owners.a sample from every dog. a warden could just swab a sample and dna test links back to the owner. no cameras on public required for that. Now the fines pay for the service.

I have to say I agree. I am pretty sure we will see a rise is camera/ai postal fines with the only recourse being a chatbot, when you need to explain that you didn't put the wrong stuff in the recycling.

Dictatorship by technology not ideology

We're all doomed for destruction no matter what.Just another nail in society's inevitable end coffin.
Morning all

My brother in law won't go on what's app as says being watched..but sends emails and texts,uses Google pay etc.. and tracking apps for running and cycling .Can't find emojis but scratching my head.

Back to main event...I said would never go cashless back when cards used to be swiped before chip and pin.And shook my head when pubs started using same system..I've now not used cash since when ever.Im happy not to use it.Technology constantly changing,my grandparents were aghast when mobile phones came out."will never catch on" they said.

Meanwhile, scammers in Nigeria are getting rich at the card users expense. The bank doesn't lose money, only the card user, fees cover the losses.

No different to buying over Internet and I'm sure a high percentage of our transactions are done that way.

system..I've now not used cash since when ever.Im happy not to use it.Technology constantly changing,my grandparents were aghast when mobile phones came out."will never catchthey said

It was the same for me I was happy with cash didn't want a card I could shipe but was forced to have one I now use it all the time.

Latest posts

Back